Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender American Vintage 62 Precision Re-Issue

tredders

[quote name='Lenny B' post='688687' date='Dec 18 2009, 08:10 PM']I also appreciate it, but can only offer you a Musicman 5 (which doesn't help the credit card but may help your collection :) )[/quote]

Hey mate

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass. I struggle enough with 4 bloody strings, without adding an extra one :rolleyes:

Cheers

Mark.

• 1 month later...

Hey, Something is kinda eating at me with this...

I am really interested but I have a few Q's....

My friend who just got one of these 2009 model US (reason i'm interested) but his came with the Tolex tweed hardcase with the Certificates and all the cables etc.... do you still have all of these (obviously you have the cable, strap etc) but also his came pre screwed in with the 'ashtrays' but your doesn't seem to have the bridge cover even screwed.

Would you be able to either post or PM the serial? Just to do neccessary check et al!!!

Kind Regards

JT

Edited by joetruscott

Had a few PMs today on this, so to answer the questions I've been asked: -

1. The bass is pretty light - from my crude "balance it on the bathroom scales" method, it weighs just under 8lbs, so lighter than my Stingray and quite a bit lighter than my '76 P bass.
2. I don't have the original (crappy) Fender retro case, as I opted to buy a flightcase at the time I bought the bass, to protect it in transit. I'm keeping the flightcase, as per my earlier posts.
3. The bass comes with both ashtrays (bridge and pickup covers).
4. As standard, the pickup cover holes are pre-drilled, but the bridge ones aren't. I had my guitar tech drill the holes for the bridge cover, which he's done. He even stained the holes to match the paintwork, so they blend in if you remove the bridge cover.
5. The bass came with the retro Fender strap, the retro lead, 2 spare screws for the covers, and all of the following documents: Lacquer finishes: Precautions and Care, original hang tag (with inspection info & serial number on), red Lacquer warning tag, Warranty tag, Fender 'Thank You' tag, Fender Owner's Registration card (blank), and Owner's Manual.
6. The serial number is V179*** (PM me if you need the rest)
7. It has TI flats on it, and was professionally setup about 6 weeks ago.
8. Everything's original and untouched (it's months old!). The only difference from when it left the factory is the bridge cover now has holes. Oh, and it's now been setup properly!!!
9. I won't ship abroad - apologies if this upsets anyone, but (1) I've had one bass trashed in transit a couple of years ago, and (2) it's too much hassle and risk. I'd really prefer a meetup to do the deal anyway.

I think that's about it, but feel free to ask any other questions. I've been playing the bass over the last month or so (only limited home use - it's never left the house), and love it, so I really don't mind either way if this sells or not. Having said that, my credit card would probably breathe a sigh of relief if someone does buy it...

Cheers

Mark.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='joetruscott' post='719851' date='Jan 21 2010, 09:44 AM']Hey, Something is kinda eating at me with this...

I am really interested but I have a few Q's....

My friend who just got one of these 2009 model US (reason i'm interested) but his came with the Tolex tweed hardcase with the Certificates and all the cables etc.... do you still have all of these (obviously you have the cable, strap etc) but also his came pre screwed in with the 'ashtrays' but your doesn't seem to have the bridge cover even screwed.

Would you be able to either post or PM the serial? Just to do neccessary check et al!!!

Kind Regards

JT[/quote]

Hi Joe

I've PM-d you the serial number.

Cheers

Mark.