Why become a member? ×

TC electronics RH 450

FLoydElgar

The heads seem good value the cabs seem very good value - makes this flightcase look a tad expensive at £460 !

[url="http://www.dv247.com/amplifiers/tc-electronic-rh-450-flightcase--68975"]http://www.dv247.com/amplifiers/tc-electro...ightcase--68975[/url]

I noticed that! Very expensive flight cases.

Must admit, about 4 months ago the RH450 on its own was more like £850 so the price has come down a fair bit. I think its down to the fact its selling quite well etc etc.

I have just ordered an RS212....whoops. This one is going in the new function/covers band permanent practice space so I wanted something with a little more beef than the 210.

If im feeling ridiculous, all three cabs together.

[quote name='Platypus' post='756643' date='Feb 24 2010, 11:36 PM']You can get that deal from Andertons:
[url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/bassguitaramps/pid15532/cid561/tcelectronicsrebelheadrh450basshead2dfreefootswitchworth262316.asp"]http://www.andertons.co.uk/bassguitaramps/...worth262316.asp[/url][/quote]

Thank you. Ordered and delivered in just over 24hrs.

Only had a little play so far, but I like what I hear. Now for some new cabs...

[quote name='lojo' post='757623' date='Feb 25 2010, 09:49 PM']Yes, bassdirect but only when I quoted the 799 deal andertons where doing
[url="http://music.andertons.co.uk/search?asug=&af=&w=rh450"]http://music.andertons.co.uk/search?asug=&...af=&w=rh450[/url][/quote]

There is a used RH450 at Electro at the moment for £599.
[url="http://www.electromusic.co.uk/TC-Electronic-RH450-RebelHead-USED.html"]http://www.electromusic.co.uk/TC-Electroni...lHead-USED.html[/url]

[quote name='Platypus' post='756643' date='Feb 25 2010, 12:36 AM']You can get that deal from Andertons:
[url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/bassguitaramps/pid15532/cid561/tcelectronicsrebelheadrh450basshead2dfreefootswitchworth262316.asp"]http://www.andertons.co.uk/bassguitaramps/...worth262316.asp[/url][/quote]

Regarding Andertons....

I ordered the RH450 + bag & FS for799£. They advertised it as [b]in stock/shipping in 24 hours max[/b]

Thats was the reason I chose Andertons.... hoping to get the amp this week for this Saturday's gig

Now:

[b]I put the order on Sunday , Feb 28, confirmed my CC details on Monday March 1.
The amp got dispatched on Thursday March 4th!!!!
[/b]
Let's talk 24 hours shipping :)

The amp hasn't arrived, yet :rolleyes:

[quote name='gillento' post='764887' date='Mar 5 2010, 10:50 AM']Regarding Andertons....

I ordered the RH450 + bag & FS for799£. They advertised it as [b]in stock/shipping in 24 hours max[/b]

Thats was the reason I chose Andertons.... hoping to get the amp this week for this Saturday's gig

Now:

[b]I put the order on Sunday , Feb 28, confirmed my CC details on Monday March 1.
[/b]

The amp hasn't arrived, yet :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ok, I accept full responsibility...

[quote name='gillento' post='764887' date='Mar 5 2010, 10:50 AM']Regarding Andertons....

Now:

[/b]

Ah man :lol:

You will love it when it turns up.

I have taken delivery of the new smoother black finish RS212 x 2 and RS212. So far I am very very impressed. The construction is great.

I have yet to give them a proper testing.

I think Aguilar and Bergantino should take note. In fact most amp/cab companies should...because the covers for the cabs, (and the gig bag for the amp) are of a very high quality and are a very low price.

I dont see why covers should ever be over about £45-50. TC got it right charging £20-25 ish.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='765000' date='Mar 5 2010, 01:16 PM']...

I think Aguilar and Bergantino should take note. In fact most amp/cab companies should...because the covers for the cabs, (and the gig bag for the amp) are of a very high quality and are a very low price.

I dont see why covers should ever be over about £45-50. TC got it right charging £20-25 ish.[/quote]

Funny you mention Aguilar and Bergantino...
I own a Berg HS210 and ordered an Aguilar db212 (partly due to you favourable comments on talkbass) to go with the RH (but also my Sadowsky SA200).

Why are you selling your dbs, if you don't mind me asking?

Mee too. I think OEM covers are overpriced!
That's way I order my covers at d2fcovers.com. Even after paying for shipping and taxes, they are less expensive than most OEM covers.

Edited by gillento

Now:

[/b]

I think you've been unlucky. I ordered mine from Andertons at 9.30am and was using it by noon the following day.

Found myself in Colchester the other day & picked up an RS210 cab from the friendly chaps at The Bass Merchant. Tired it with a 212 as well & think I'll be getting one of those down the line as it added a touch of oomph at the very low end.

[quote name='gillento' post='765051' date='Mar 5 2010, 12:48 PM']Funny you mention Aguilar and Bergantino...
I own a Berg HS210 and ordered an Aguilar db212 (partly due to you favourable comments on talkbass) to go with the RH (but also my Sadowsky SA200).

Why are you selling your dbs, if you don't mind me asking?

Mee too. I think OEM covers are overpriced!
That's way I order my covers at d2fcovers.com. Even after paying for shipping and taxes, they are less expensive than most OEM covers.[/quote]

Hi

I sold my HS410...I wanted a modular 2x10 x 2 setup....and the RS Cabinets really did sound good for me.

I think Im keeping the DB212s to be honest. My girlfriend thinks I will regret selling, as they are fantastic. Still not 100% what to do.

[quote name='jonsmith' post='765655' date='Mar 5 2010, 09:53 PM']I think you've been unlucky. I ordered mine from Andertons at 9.30am and was using it by noon the following day.

Found myself in Colchester the other day & picked up an RS210 cab from the friendly chaps at The Bass Merchant. Tired it with a 212 as well & think I'll be getting one of those down the line as it added a touch of oomph at the very low end.[/quote]

Plus 1. The RS210 + 212 does work incredibly well. The BM chaps also have the new finish cabinets now. They are really slick :)

[quote name='jonsmith' post='765655' date='Mar 5 2010, 10:53 PM']I think you've been unlucky. I ordered mine from Andertons at 9.30am and was using it by noon the following day.

Found myself in Colchester the other day & picked up an RS210 cab from the friendly chaps at The Bass Merchant. Tired it with a 212 as well & think I'll be getting one of those down the line as it added a touch of oomph at the very low end.[/quote]

Guess, you are right...

I am aware that shipping to mainland Europe takes longer than to the UK. But I do not quite get it why it took almost 3 days from my CC confirmation on monday to actual shipping on Thursday.

Enough of the rambling!

I got the amp late yesterday as I picked it up at the courrier's.

Let's hop I get some time with it before the gig tonite....

I will be using a Bergantino HS210 and my Sadowsky PJ5 :)

Edited by gillento

[quote name='alanbass1' post='766651' date='Mar 7 2010, 08:10 AM']Took the TC out agains last night and mated it with my Thumb bass. Seems like I'm getting the hang of this head with my active basses now. Definately not a plug in, line everything up flat and play amp if you want to get the best out of it.[/quote]

Give us an idea of your settings Alan.

How's the CS btw :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='766665' date='Mar 7 2010, 08:26 AM']Give us an idea of your settings Alan.

How's the CS btw :)[/quote]

My favourite two settings are:

1. Gain around 10 O'Clock: Flat e.q.: Tubetone up around 10 O'Clock: Compressor up around 9 O'Clock

2. Gain around 12 O'clock: Bass three clicks right; lower bass two clicks right/with shift on - three clickg to the left; Mid Flat; Treble two clicks to the right; Tube tome off; Compressor around 11 O'clock

[quote name='Musicman20' post='780893' date='Mar 20 2010, 04:22 PM']Anyone nailed the perfect P Bass w/flats thump (nice old funk setting) with the RH yet?[/quote]

My first setting above sounds great with my '62 P Bass with the tone wound fully anti-clockwise and the bridge cover on (the mutes still intact)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='whynot' post='788689' date='Mar 28 2010, 05:40 PM']Sorry for hijacking the thread but I have a TC RC4 pedal for sale as I rarely us it with the amp. Comes with lead and original packaging.
Not sure of current new price but I'm thinking £100 including postage.[/quote]

Probably better off putting this in the for sale area. 100 seems quite steep as most people get a deal taking the pedal with the amp.

[quote name='alanbass1' post='788766' date='Mar 28 2010, 07:28 PM']Probably better off putting this in the for sale area. 100 seems quite steep as most people get a deal taking the pedal with the amp.[/quote]
Already in the For Sale section and on checking street prices I think your right, so have decided to include the amp as well.... for a little more.