Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

markbass555

I have for sale a black sparkle lakland DJ4 which is in excellent condition (a few marks on the pick guard) but paint work is excellent. Also comes with gig bag.

Looking for £650.00 plus delivery from northern ireland

Also consider a trade for a Sandberg PM5 or perferably stringray 5.
Will send pics or post pics if anyone is interested. Dont really want to part this but still kicking myself for parting my Sandberg a few months ago. Played a stringray 5 for the first earlier in the month and got bad case of gas so either would please me at the moment.

Dave

Edited by markbass555

Hey Dave.

Small world.
I've been thinking of getting rid of my black sparkle DJ5 and replacing it with a Sandberg PM4 or 5 or even a Stingray.
I started a thread recently to get more info on the Stingray basses as i dont really know much about them but i played a 5 string a whiel ago and really enjoyed it.
I have since got my eye on getting a California PM at some point if i do get rid of my DJ5.

Good luck.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='bajisimo' post='668894' date='Nov 29 2009, 04:42 AM']Yes, it's true... Why?[/quote]

Surprised if that is the case as I think the DJ is a great bass. So much so, that I've just ordered another one from the US.
For those of us who prefer the slightly smaller, more contoured body and still want a great sounding Jazz, then this fits the bill.
Have a bump for an excellent bass.
FP

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='669069' date='Nov 29 2009, 01:08 PM']There are great but i think because they sound a bit different to a normal Jazz that could explain why people get rid of them.[/quote]

Dont get me wrong I love this bass this is my second one but really gassing after a 5 string stingray...so I work on the principle of last in first out....

Although I sold one of these recently it was more to do with the fact I prefer the P Bass tone/sound. The DJ bass is an absolute killer bass. Comfortable, classy and a pleasure to play. In regards to Lakland they make a damn fine bass guitar and my P Bass is a lakland - bought from these very forums unseen as the quality of the DJ convinced me to take the risk - bump :)

[quote name='krispn' post='673487' date='Dec 3 2009, 06:09 PM']Although I sold one of these recently it was more to do with the fact I prefer the P Bass tone/sound. The DJ bass is an absolute killer bass. Comfortable, classy and a pleasure to play. In regards to Lakland they make a damn fine bass guitar and my P Bass is a lakland - bought from these very forums unseen as the quality of the DJ convinced me to take the risk - bump :)[/quote]

Hi

What year is it, does it have the Aero pickups and do you know the weight?

Cheers

Nick

Edited by Cairobill

[quote name='Cairobill' post='673551' date='Dec 3 2009, 07:24 PM']Hi

What year is it, does it have the Aero pickups and do you know the weight?

Cheers

Nick[/quote]

Nick,

Its 06 and yes it has aero pick-ups and weighs bang on 9lbs or 0.4kgs if you want to talk in new money

Dave

[quote name='Linus27' post='668722' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:24 PM']Not another Lakland Darryl Jones for sale. People really don't hold on to them for long.[/quote]

Fantastic bits of kit. Best passive Jazz out there bang for buck, I have two and fancy a third to do some mods to. Red with rosewood would be ideal but few and far between.

BUMP!