Why become a member? ×

Sei Jazz 5

sshorepunk

Bass day has given me some stupid GAS, so I wanna see if there is any intrest int current crop of basses

1. 5 string sei bass, White, rosewood board, oval inlays, bart' pick ups, j retro, hard case - £1000
2. Pedulla 5 string pentabuz lined fetless, cherry red, Bart pj pick ups, 17.5 spacing - £1200

GAS may go, so be quick!

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk

Thanks for all the PM's, this was just a feeler and a few calls this morning have changed the situation very slightly

The Pedulla is probably going to be available right now, the Sei will not be available until February next year
This is due to me gigging fairly regular and having to wait for next bass

I will try and answer all the questions I have from PM's and post some pics, even though the Sei will stay with me for a little while longer

Apologies to all those whose GAS has been ignited by the mention of the Sei, I had the same problem yeserday :)

Tony

Some additional info

Sei bass

The bridge is ABM and string spacing is 19mm
The neck profile is what I would call slim, it feels real nice to play (to me)
The J-retro is a very recent addition, it has an extra mini toggle switch fitted to switch the blue, side neck LED's
There are some small marks on the body, but nothing significant, will try and photograph these
The bass is currently branded as Mcintyre as it had a overhaul by Chris Mcintyre who worked for Sei at the time this was made

Pedulla

The coating has been removed from the fretboard, it had some holes in it and was buzzing on them. Now it is down to Ebony, I think Shockwave has done the same to is, it is not uncommon to have this done
Includes Pedulla case and there are a few items of the origanil case candy still in there

A few photos of the basses, not as good as I want, but all I have until I get chnace to take some myself at weekend

[attachment=37128:Pbuzz5_1.JPG]

[attachment=37129:Pbuzz5_2.JPG]

[attachment=37130:Pbuzz5_3.JPG]

[attachment=37131:Pbuzz5_4.JPG]

[attachment=37132:Pbuzz5_6.JPG]

[attachment=37133:sei1.jpg]

[attachment=37134:sei2.jpg]

[attachment=37135:sei3.jpg]

I'm not ruling out the posibility of a trade on either of these basses

Quality 4 string fender Jazz, but be quick as I have my eye on something right now

The same with the pedulla, but again, I have my eye on another 5 string fretless that is around half the value of the pedulla, the reason being is I probably ain't using the pedulla as much as I thought I would, but I still need a fretless as I do play it live on at least one track, and can see it being used on a few more, so don't want to be fretlessless :)

Tony

A few things have happened today!

The fretless I had my eye on has fell thru, so until I find another good lines fretless 5 the penta is staying

I also have sat next to me a Fender 4 string deluxe jazz, what I was looking for, well near enough and it playes sooooo good!

So don't need to trade on the Sei!

It is still for sale, pics and lots more info tomorrow evening!

Tony

Getting asked a few questions about this bass, I'll summarise whats been said already and try and add any additional info

5 string sei Jazz bass

colour is White, i'd call it more of an off white, vintage white!

Very nice figured Maple neck with bound rosewood fretboard and oval inlays.

Blue side of neck LED's - very subtle, great for dark venues without looking like fairy lights!

Bartolini pick ups

J retro - only got this very recently, it's a J-retro deluxe with an additional switch to switch the LED's this really transformed the bass when I fitted it!

I'm not sure what bridge this is, schaller? ( no doubt someone will tell me) it does have some adjustment on the string spacing, strin spacing is currently 19mm
Nut width is 43mm

There are some light marks on the rear of the bass and a small chip on the under side neat the jack plug socket. One of the marks is on the top edge of the top horn, but towards the rear of the bass, not are too noticeable

This is a players bass, it has been used and it's condition reflects that. I would call it good condition though, just trying to pick out every blemish!!

Hard, shaped case included!

This bass was built for Paul Turner (Jamiroquai, annie Lennox etc etc etc), it then went to Ian King (various west end musicals, currently Lion King I think)
It went into have some work done by Chris Mcintyre at some point
He fitted the crushed ice pick gaurd and silver truss rod cover amongst other things and at the same time, added his own name to the headstock, as he worked at Sei when this was made. Easily reversed if you want the sei name back.

I think this bass has some great style, the oval inlays did it for me, modern jazz sounds in a less modern looking bass!

[attachment=37254:IMGP0558.JPG]

[attachment=37256:IMGP0560.JPG]

[attachment=37259:IMGP0561.JPG]

[attachment=37261:IMGP0566.JPG]

[attachment=37262:IMGP0567.JPG]

[attachment=37263:IMGP0568.JPG]

[attachment=37264:IMGP0571.JPG]

[attachment=37265:IMGP0572.JPG]

[attachment=37266:IMGP0574.JPG]

[attachment=37267:IMGP0575.JPG]

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk

I am interested. Not sure how to measure the nut width so I have copied my bass and at the thinnest part of the neck..at the nut..is 47mm.
I am thinking that 43mm would be too narrow or cramped possibly...??

Everything else sounds perfectly acceptable.

The bridge is ABM.