Why become a member? ×

Delete

noelk27

great basses these Tributes. I had a natural L2000 which was a beauty

Matt that green L-1500 was indeed a heavy fella (incidentally that bass could be on its way back to me soon)

I've owned half a dozen other USA models and all were/are much lighter than it.

Keir

[quote name='noelk27' post='671956' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:19 AM']Don't see why not. It'll mean neck/body serial numbers don't correspond, but I don't imagine another prospective buyer would be overly concerned about that.[/quote]

Ok.... I'm just testing the water a bit here but is a (blue) TRB4ii of any interest to you?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='noelk27' post='730345' date='Jan 31 2010, 10:23 AM']Bump ...[/quote]

Hello,

What is the weight of this bass, and how does the neck compare to a jazz neck? I like thin, fast necks. Also, how hard is it to transfer playing from a fretted to a defretted bass. Im in the market for an L2000 to compliment my fretted jazz bass. I've never played defret before. What would be your lowest price? PM me,

Cheers,

Mat

• 3 months later...

[quote name='noelk27' post='840126' date='May 17 2010, 08:12 PM']Circa £200 - but can't recall the exact figure. The original Moon receipt is on file - but don't have the file to hand.[/quote]

Hah !

I got him to do the same, plus brass percussion plate (his idea, he was also quite keen to stick a bug in there too, but I just took the plate option), to an Aria TSB550N in nineteen canteen for about £60.

It was, as they say, a Stoater !

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='noelk27' post='657546' date='Nov 17 2009, 10:15 PM']G&L Tribute Series, L2000 Premium, Cherryburst (discontinued colour), Swamp ash body, Maple neck, Rosewood touchboard (defretted, by Jimmy Moon, Moon Guitars: [url="http://www.moonguitars.co.uk/moonhome.html"]http://www.moonguitars.co.uk/moonhome.html[/url]). Manufactured in South Korea. Build date 26/04/2006. Supplied with original G&L padded gig bag, lead and tools (still sealed), manufacturer’s certificate, warranty card, build date tags, etc. Very light use. As new condition. Currently strung with D’Addario Chromes (45/65/80/100). £375, including delivery within mainland Britain.

Would consider selling fully-loaded body and fretless neck separately. Open to offers on that.
[attachment=36644:DSCF0032_1.JPG][attachment=36645:DSCF0034_1.JPG][attachment=36646:DSCF0035_1.JPG][
attachment=36650:DSCF0040_1.JPG][/quote]

PM`D

Pete

• 2 weeks later...