Why become a member? ×

Black/Rosewood 2009 MIA Precision

BB2000

Black 2009 MIA Precision with tort guard and rosewood neck. Slight on surface of lacquer on upper body contour (probably due to button on shirt cuff) - would polish out. Slight marks on lacquer below strings between pup and bridge (probably caused by playing with pick). No dead spots, no issues.

Looking for £[s]580[/s] 600+ p&p.

Edited by BB2000

[quote name='BB2000' post='654776' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:19 PM']Black 2009 MIA Precision with tort guard and rosewood neck. Slight on surface of lacquer on upper body contour (probably due to button on shirt cuff) - would polish out. Slight marks on lacquer below strings between pup and bridge (probably caused by playing with pick). No dead spots, no issues. Photos to follow.

Looking for £580 + p&p.[/quote]

That is a damn good deal :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='654794' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:41 PM']Does this have the rolled fingerboard edges and what is the weight? Cheers. :)[/quote]

Yes, edges are rolled. The weight is 8lb 15-1/8oz according to my kitchen scales, which I think is pretty accurate.

Noticed serial number is Z8 - so that makes it a 2008?

Edited by BB2000

[quote name='BB2000' post='654864' date='Nov 14 2009, 10:11 PM']Yes, edges are rolled. The weight is 8lb 15-1/8oz according to my kitchen scales, which I think is pretty accurate.

Noticed serial number is Z8 - so that makes it a 2008?[/quote]

Yep....mine was brand new in July but an 08....but the new model obviously. Sometimes they dont put the neck and body together for quite a while so they are only approx. datings.

Is that a stock guard or did you get a new one? Has it got the new case etc?

Bargain!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='654874' date='Nov 14 2009, 10:41 PM']Is that a stock guard or did you get a new one? Has it got the new case etc?

Bargain![/quote]

No, it's not the original guard - I'll be including the original white one. Comes with te new type case and all the original gubbins, although the case is not in as good condition as the bass (lock has dissapeared). I'm also missing the Fender truss rod key, but a 3/16" allen key does the job.

[quote name='Muzz' post='665974' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:08 AM']OK, well, someone somewhere's got a very strange message then :)

My Sent Items says it went on the 20th to you, but I've tried again.

Piiiiiinnnnnnnnngggg...

M[/quote]

And replied ...

[quote name='BB2000' post='659508' date='Nov 19 2009, 06:44 PM']Have I priced it too high?[/quote]

Are you joking! too low if anything

[quote name='bigthumb' post='659523' date='Nov 19 2009, 07:08 PM']Its just a bit tough moving gear at the moment.[/quote]

Indeed

But that said, how is this still here.... :)

[quote name='Hutton' post='669742' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:26 AM']Now you see it's all in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't thank you for a maple fingerboard. To me the rosewood board just looks the dog's danglers on this bass.[/quote]

More about feel than sight to me, I like the feel of maple