Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Basic. NOW SOLD. Thanks Ian!

bobpalt

[b]SANDBERG BASIC[/b]

I'm trying to have another go at reducing the number of basses I own, so as I have just agreed to buy another bass as well, I have to sell some others, including my Sandberg.

The Sandberg Basic is in really good condition, and comes with a hardcase. Its finished in greenburst, and has no signs of anything other than gentle playing. It has a very "hi fi" sound for the want of another word, and has been set up with a low action, making it very easy to play. The build quality is excellent, and its loud! Price reduced finally to [size=4]£425.[/size][b][/b]

NOW SOLD.............................

Cheers,

Bob

[attachment=35832:prs_029.jpg][attachment=35831:prs_032.jpg][attachment=35830:prs_034.jpg][attachmen
t=35833:prs_030.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='647054' date='Nov 6 2009, 10:57 AM']I've played this Jazz and it's the poodle's plums. Bob's a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with so buy with confidence.

Someone's going to get a bargain. :)[/quote]

Seconded. My 3 main basses are from Bob! The nicest guy you could meet, and far too many basses!
Jules

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='647205' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:20 PM']BTW Bob, what do all the controls do on the jazz?
Cheers
Jules[/quote]

You guys are just too kind. I'm starting to blush...................

Hi Jules. There is a volume, blend, treble then the mid thingy control. To quote from their website:
[b]
All Villex pickups come with a built in mid-tone circuit and an external pot which allows to gradually change the sound character from vintage to slap. It's like having several pickups instead of one![/b]

I believe the pickups are linear humbuckers, rather than single coils, but havent taken them to pieces yet to check!

I do have someone who has provisionally bought the Shuker, subject to payment of course. The Sandberg is a great bass as well, but in a more "in your face" kind of way. All the best to Russ, Alan and Jules.

Bob

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='654716' date='Nov 14 2009, 06:25 PM']What is the neck profile and feel? More like JB, PB, MM, pickaxe?[/quote]
I've got the 5 String version and the neck is as slim as a slim thing on slim day.
It's in the jazz Bass sector but much much nicer.

• 2 weeks later...