Why become a member? ×

Ampeg B-15T Flip-Top Combo. SOLD .. SOLD.. !!

eubassix

Impeccable Ampeg quality & engineering! Cool little Flip Top Bass Combo. With the Transistor Head flipped and attached to the top, this has 100 Watts RMS) of Output and 1x15" Speaker. I've owned this versatile amp for a while and it really is fantastic: super loud, a massive range of tones and awesome retro looks/concept. Ampeg B15-Ts were introduced in the early 90s as a limited edition transistor version of the much-sought-after valve flip-tops they produced in the 60s/70s. These are hard to come by now and, unfortunately I need to let mine go. It has been moderately gigged and there are a few minimal scuffs as you'd expect (see the pics) but these don't detract from the overall cosmetics and generally excellent condition. Recently serviced by a technician so it is in tip-top working condition. The unit is pretty heavy (but it does have a decent set of castors) so collection might be best if not-too-distant. But I can package if required. The original castors are not currently fitted (as in some of the photos) but are located inside the cab, along with the original aluminium post, which allows the unit to be to tilted back. Specs: Imput @ 0db or -15db; EQ= Gain, Low (with Pull/Ultra-Low), Low-Mid (P/shift), High-Mid (P/shift), High (P/Ultra High); FX Loop (in/out); Master Vol (Pull/Limiter), Balanced Line-Out Level; Ground Polarity Switch (+ 0 -). Top Diagram (see Photos). Rear Panel: Speaker Out w. On / Mute 100RMS @ 4ohms; Bal. Line Output, Headphones socket, Power Amp Imput, Pre-Amp Output.
Becoming very rare now (I think?) ..

Edited by eubassix

Classic Ampeg sound .. fairly clean (cf. the original valve version) but not like the new., transparent Combo's & systems. The amp is incedibly versatile and well thought-out for its age (see the specs, above, with the various pull/switches), and the 15" gives you the thump/bottom that's hard to get with the 10's and 12's. Of course, eithr bit can be sued individually, and it's also easy(ier) to add speakers etc. (as the inbuilt speaker isn't internally wired to the head - it requires a lead).

I had one of these very combos some years back though I could have sworn the driver was an EV. I bought it 'new' from an auction room when I'd gone to see about buying a coffee table... Mrs WH was well miffed at my choice of living room furniture; "but look it's flat on the top when you flip the amp down, you can stand a coffee cup on it easy!" :)

As you say a lovely looking little thing and deserves to be snapped up. :rolleyes:

I have one of these and it's a very nice little combo. Great sound and records really well, using the balanced out or a mike. Or both.

It's quite a loud 100w as well. On one occasion I put the head through a 6x10 and excited the wrath of a pub landlady.

If your back's shifty like mine, you can separate the head from the cab and make two trips. Tilt-back's fantastically useful in tight spots and flipping the head out never fails to excite drummers.

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='644064' date='Nov 3 2009, 01:04 AM']flipping the head out never fails to excite drummers.[/quote]

Just wiggling your little finger never fails to excite (can also be mistaken for wind) a drummer

Surprising that - I had one of these once and they're great little things. No need for one right now, but I do have a friend who may well be interested

He's not on here, but I've just sent him info and will get back to you hopefully later today

No fat ladies on the stage yet my friend, but she's warming up in the dressing room

[quote name='eubassix' post='655677' date='Nov 16 2009, 09:06 AM']... still available: Watchers up to about 30 by the end .. and still nothing. Currently have one BC'er and one 'ebayer' interested, so awaiting offers. As it stands - willing to hear offers based on the OT.[/quote]

[quote name='mark_ir' post='655770' date='Nov 16 2009, 10:46 AM']Surprising that - I had one of these once and they're great little things. No need for one right now, but I do have a friend who may well be interested

He's not on here, but I've just sent him info and will get back to you hopefully later today

No fat ladies on the stage yet my friend, but she's warming up in the dressing room[/quote]

Thanks Mark - look forward to any progress/update .. and appreciate the help.