Why become a member? ×

Show Us Your Rig

acidbass

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='13460' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:24 AM']....and when tastye 2000 plays, the audience are pinned to the wall and battered with low frequencies until they bleed from thier ears![/quote]

You have no idea especially when my 5 string is tuned ADGCF :)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='13532' date='Jun 7 2007, 12:16 PM']that's one of the basses i'm looking at getting, can u say what they're like in terms of sound/playability etc...[/quote]

Playability wise it's a case of whether you get on with Spector necks or not. I love them to pieces, and this one has gotten better with age as my hands have gradually rounded the fingerboard edges! It's a shred machine but you can lay back and really pound it as well.

Soundwise it comes stock with EMG-HZ's and a BTS circuit, the BTS circuit is great and the HZ's are fairly good, but I switched mine out for real pickups and the sound was catapulted into real Spector territory. The HZ's sound great(especially at this price range) but the proper EMG's have a little push further over the cliff.

Another thing I've done is mod the electronics to 18V which makes a big difference in terms of headroom and bollocks to the sound.

Slightly better pic of fretless:

Edited by Dan_Nailed

yes i reckon 18v electronics would be good, given that my other bass has it and i do love the insane low end and midrange punch i get from it aswell as just modding basses in general :huh:. Anyway thanks for that mate and if i do get it i'm gonna show all my mate's ur myspace page and go "I have the same bass as THAT guy...."

Except with no block inlays :) I'm a bit sick of looking at bloody dot inlays all day, actually.

Edited by EdwardHimself

The cab is just the website pic.. I'll get some more pics done soon!

After a bit of a mammoth search looking at endless piles of amps and cabinets I have found something that will do me just fine. I fell upon this set up by accident! I had been playing my Hifi through the bass cab (and I gotta say, it does an incredible job of sounding good in that manner!) and then switching back to playing my bass into the rig with no EQ. Gotta say, without any preamp, the 'hifi-ish' cab linked to the very hifi amp and my zingy sounding hifi pickups, with no preamp.. sounded a bit bland and uninspiring!!

I think (as I'd said elsewhere) you can have too much of what would appear to be a *good* thing. So, out came the ole V-Type, which to be honest I hadn't used for months now. Rejigged my signal path and I am truely astounded at the difference it has made. I don't often say that you know. I have owned a great deal of rigs in the past, but what ever is going on here seems to work really well. Funny, as I couldn't get it to sound nice at all with my last set up!!

Signal path is now Bass>Vtype input> loop> TC effects > VType EQ section > DI > Output> Powersoft 2004 2kw poweramp.

The effects unit runs a compressor and a smidge of chorus by default.

The bits I am suitably chuffed about at the moment include the FX loop of the pre being before the EQ section, not after like pretty much all other preamps on the market. So I can send an effected but not EQ'd signal to the desk if I want.. and really just EQ for the gig environment. Also means the EQ doesnt interfere with compression etc.

[quote name='TimmyC' post='15967' date='Jun 11 2007, 11:08 PM']How do you like the markbass cab?[/quote]

The cab is first class. Great sound for me anyway. My cab is the 4ohm version enabling me to squeeze out as many of the 500watts from the LMII as I may need. It's also nice and light. So to have one cab and a pocket-sized amp and get 500watts is ok in my book.

I was playing with it again last night Ped. I wish I could figure out what has made it sound so much better than before? The only thing I can think of, is a change in signal path and the new cab.. mebbe it's just the cab!

[quote name='joegarcia' post='2442' date='May 19 2007, 08:59 PM']

The SVT isn't mine but the rest is the same. I use a Sunn 1200s with Korg DTR1000 but i don't have a pic of that at the moment.

Edit: Sorry about the crap, blurry phone pic, don't have a camera.[/quote]

How's that beautiful Ovation sounding?
Want one like that, but never found it...

[quote name='dood' post='16422' date='Jun 12 2007, 07:15 PM']I was playing with it again last night Ped. I wish I could figure out what has made it sound so much better than before? The only thing I can think of, is a change in signal path and the new cab.. mebbe it's just the cab![/quote]

I'd LOVE to see a picture of your cab dood. I adore 6x10's... They are very sexy. The Epifani 6x10 is perhaps the sexiest of them all. If you could put a skimpy bikini on it or something aswell, i'd be much obliged.

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='16838' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:14 PM']No routing necessary :huh:[/quote]

yeah ur probably right, it would look pretty damn good, proper [url="http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Inlay,_pearl/Blanks/1/Packages_Of_Abalone_Inlay_Blanks/Pictures.html#details"]abalone[/url] blocks on the fretboard tho!

Why what did u do? Just stick some fretware on it? What is fretware?

[quote name='wizbat' post='15315' date='Jun 10 2007, 10:44 PM']He,s a lazy bugger! we have to carry him everywhere and he weighs a ton!!!![/quote]

sounds like one of our guitarrists :)

Edit: PHREXYAN, that's what my room's gonna look like in the not to distant future :huh: Exept with blue carpet. and a fireplace.

Edited by EdwardHimself

Here is my rig. Modular, with a Littlemark 2, driving a Traveler 102p and a Standard 102HF.

For rehearsals/small gigs, the traveler is the one, and I use both when things get serious. I stand the traveler on its side to get it up close to my ears.

[attachment=718:0706160009.JPG]
[attachment=719:0706160010.JPG]

And it all sounds rather lovely, whilst being super light.

I will gladly answer any questions for those who want ot know more about this gear.

Chris

[quote name='NJW' post='16869' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:53 PM']I'd LOVE to see a picture of your cab dood. I adore 6x10's... They are very sexy. The Epifani 6x10 is perhaps the sexiest of them all. If you could put a skimpy bikini on it or something aswell, i'd be much obliged.[/quote]

Job for tomozz.. I'll see what I can do! she's sooo sexay, I think she needs a name! lol

This is my current rig. Just come back from a weeks tour round Germany and it's held up wonderfully. Not a single problem and it kicks it out every night. Really powerful and sounds awesome.

Korg DTR1000 rack tuner
Sunn 1200s
Aguilar GS412

Just need to get a rack light now. :-)