Why become a member? ×

The Midget makes its debut

Happy Jack

[quote name='The Funk' post='647651' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:58 PM']Interesting! Love the pic, Happy. I'd like to upgrade my WTX-260 to a -500 and possibly shift my Compact and Acme B1 and replace them both with a Midget. The mini rig looks like it would actually fit in my place and be properly gig-worthy.[/quote]

As an aside, let me know if you want to shift the B1. I already have a B2, and I'm looking for a B1 for small rehearsals...

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I should chip in my few midget pics (since I got the other one of the first two I believe)
Been gigging mine for the last couple of months and it is great, sounded fantastic on stage last night and the folk could have a good laugh when I picked up my cab and head (shuttle 6.0) in one go still stacked on each other and walked off stage.
[attachment=37628:DSC00721.JPG]
[attachment=37627:DSC00648.JPG]

one issue: got to be careful you don't lose it, a particularly large piece of paper may obscure it :)

p.s. not sure why the pics are sideways

Edited by d-basser

Alex, do you think a Midget would make a good cab for upright bass or EUB?
I'm sure you've probably discussed it before but I can't remember seeing it talked about.

Or am I just falling into that "12's are the best for upright" pre-conception? haha

Cheers
Si

I think any of the cabs will work well with acoustic or electric upright but that's very much subject to how you pick up and amplify the sound of the instrument. With an ideal pickup and amp then the more accurate the cab the better - but often bassists will get a good amplified sound by having an amp/cab whose colouration compensates for the inaccuracies of the pickup.

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful to be honest, lets the natural awesomeness of the bass shine through. The terror set flat into the midget gives a lovely warm natural sound. Smile on my face was massive. The Genz midget combo can be a little harsh that is the only thing, I think a tweeter would only make this worse.

[quote name='d-basser' post='696615' date='Dec 30 2009, 06:49 PM']New amp to complement my midget, will get christened saturday

[/quote]

We're definitely on the same wavelength, y'know.

When my WTX500 got nicked last month, I ended up buying the Orange Bass Terror to replace it.

If only I'd got on better with my Dingwall ...