Why become a member? ×

gig skinz and mono gig bags

lee650

Hi Everyone, im looking for a new gig bag for my ken smith and have discovered the harvest one id love is just too expensive at the moment, ive narrowed them down to the gig skinz and the mono m80, im aware the mono is probably better protection wise but ive not heard a lot about the gig skinz which is cheaper and has a lot more storage, i need a 2u rack too, so if i get the m80 the budgets gone.
If anyone can share with me thier thoughts on either of these bags i,d greatly appreciate it, thanks a lot - lee

Edited by lee650

Thanks for the thoughts guys
Ive been reading up on IGIG bags and they look great (especially the tweed) so im probably going to go for that as it has similar protection to the mono, but has lots of storage, perfect!!!!! i have a ritter double gig bag which is fantastic, but im thinking of moving it on to help fund the IGIG - lee

I'm endorsed by iGig so I'm a little biased,but they really are the best
gig bags I've used.
I use a Tweed G515,which has loads of storage space and great protection. The G525 has less storage
and is a slightly tighter fitting case. They're both great.
They're expensive but worth it.

[quote name='Doddy' post='633927' date='Oct 22 2009, 10:20 PM']I'm endorsed by iGig so I'm a little biased,but they really are the best
gig bags I've used.
I use a Tweed G515,which has loads of storage space and great protection. The G525 has less storage
and is a slightly tighter fitting case. They're both great.
They're expensive but worth it.[/quote]

Cheers for the comparison!!
I did love the look of the suede G525 but i dont think you can get them here!,mind you my ken smith has a wide body so the bigger G515 is probably more what im after, am going to call Mark at bass direct at the weekend, and see if he,s got a tweed G515.
Thanks mate - lee :)

[quote name='pete.young' post='632928' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:21 PM']I have a Giz skinz mixer case and while the main features are still good the zips on the pockets have gone bally busto in very short order and with virtually no use.

I still rate Ritter, but hey.[/quote]
I have a Gig Skinz mixer bag and - so far - no problem. It's lasted longer than my Markbass bag did.

[quote name='lee650' post='636257' date='Oct 25 2009, 04:40 PM']Cheers lads
After a wee chat on saturday with mark at Bass Direct, i have an IGIG G15 in tweed on its way to me, so as im £160 lighter the ritter double bag is going up shortly -lee :)[/quote]

I picked one up the other week, you'll love it.

[quote name='lee650' post='636257' date='Oct 25 2009, 04:40 PM']Cheers lads
After a wee chat on saturday with mark at Bass Direct, i have an IGIG G15 in tweed on its way to me, so as im £160 lighter the ritter double bag is going up shortly -lee :)[/quote]

Good choice. :rolleyes:

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='635760' date='Oct 24 2009, 10:50 PM']I have a Gig Skinz mixer bag and - so far - no problem. It's lasted longer than my Markbass bag did.[/quote]

I had to get a Gig Skinz 2U rack bag for my Markbass SA450 as my original MB bag fell apart. I cant believe how much these MB bags cost. Ridiculous IMO.

Very happy with the GS bag and looking to get one for my Lakland at some point.

Edited by dave_bass5

Hi Everyone
Took delivery of my IGIG G15 in tweed yesterday, and i have to say my initial misgivings at the price proved to be unfounded, its a really attractive and well proportioned bag, and although its semi solid (very tough actually, with Plastic panelling inside) its really light and comfortable to wear, the gig pillow and saddle features offer extra protection inside the bag (and it fits my Ken smith perfectly).one of the best features is the amount of storage it has two very large pockets on the front and a large on on the top, the pockets are actually designed to fit a small amp ( like the markbass, EA etc) and has a cushioned seperator inside,(like the gigskinz mixer bags) it also features lots of diffrent storage solutions from pens and pencils to effects pedals, it also has a clip for cables.
Tha actual bag itself is a very good looking bag, with its goldy tweed finish and brown suede trim( looks nicer than the MONO M80 IMO), i can honestly say it ticks all the boxes and i wouldnt mind a second one, will put some pics up ASAP so you can see for yourself as the pics online are limited, needless to say money well spent and im dead chuffed, anyone thinking on one of these wont be dissapointed.
By the way im not Endorsed by IGIG in any way, (wish i was :) ) just thought id add my 2p to anyone thinking of getting one- cheers - lee

[quote name='Rasta' post='629323' date='Oct 18 2009, 10:04 AM']I've got a Gig Skinz soft bass case and a Gig Skinz gig bag-very good quality and thick padded too-i usually keep a Laky JO5 in the Gig Skinz with no problems-good storage space too for gear etc. :)[/quote]

Can i ask how low the Gig Skinz hangs if you use the shoulder strap?

Thinking of getting one of these as, while i like the IGIG bags, i really want something that will work on just one shoulder rather than as a back pack.
I never use the back pack style straps as the bass would sit too high.

Cheers