Why become a member? ×

band guitarist problem are we being unreaonable

peety

[quote name='Rowbee' post='625180' date='Oct 13 2009, 04:32 PM']As someone else commented, it'll be a lot easier to find new personnel if you have gigs already booked - especially if they are paying gigs.

Get advertising. :)[/quote]

we have 12 gigs booked through to june next year at the moment although 6 of these are in dec and jan paying on average £700 per gig however that was the point of the meeting to go out and actively source more gigs, through agents etc, i wonder will this be enough to attract someone initially as i guess someone with the level of experience we are looking for maybe looking for a band with a fuller diary than we have at the moment , maybe catch 22 want to get more gigs but now can't until we find a new guitarist mmmmmm

[quote name='peety' post='625210' date='Oct 13 2009, 04:47 PM']....we have 12 gigs booked through to june next year at the moment although 6 of these are in dec and jan paying on average £700 per gig however that was the point of the meeting to go out and actively source more gigs, through agents etc, i wonder will this be enough to attract someone initially as i guess someone with the level of experience we are looking for maybe looking for a band with a fuller diary than we have at the moment , maybe catch 22 want to get more gigs but now can't until we find a new guitarist mmmmmm....[/quote]
If you're averaging £700 a gig then guitarists should be flocking to your door!! You just have to pick the guy you want. If you were in London I could get you a great dep guitarist for that money, until you found the right person!

Don’t stop now! Keep getting the gigs, because the band isn’t breaking up, is it?

[quote name='peety' post='625008' date='Oct 13 2009, 02:25 PM']I really have no issue with him wanting to move on, i just find it strange that he drove the meeting about increasing gigs etc,[/quote]
That's the bit I'm having trouble in understanding too.

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='625255' date='Oct 13 2009, 05:30 PM']An even split of £700 per gig for six gigs over Christmas / NY would be enticing for most people, I'd have thought.

Peety - If it's £700 [i]each[/i] per gig, the next sound you'll here is me tuning up my Strat.[/quote]
Errr.. hang on I saw it first You know! and mines in tune!.... the guy in the shop said so when I bought it!!

Not easy. I've always thought, [i]when I stop enjoying it, I'll stop doing it[/i]. Even if you did ride it out as a band with him, would it be worth the hassle, tension, strained silences..? Gotta be able to rely on your hombres, and have confidence in them...

Get another guitard, IMHO.

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='625280' date='Oct 13 2009, 05:46 PM']Sorry to hear about all this Steve your best bet for another guitarist in the Wigan area is Partysounds (As mentioned) or North West Bands just put a ad out and I'm sure they will flood you with offers. Si[/quote]

cheers Si yes have had a look at North West bands and party sounds am just sorting out an add so hopefully will be getting things moving by weekend,

BTW how's the schroeder is it still going strong mate ?

[quote name='BassBunny' post='625327' date='Oct 13 2009, 06:30 PM']I know a terrific guitarist who would be happy to dep if you need one. Based in Manchester and he has depped for us.
Give me a shout if you need his details.[/quote]

thanks for that will keep it in mind and drop you a pm mate

[quote name='witterth' post='625248' date='Oct 13 2009, 05:25 PM']I dont think he means £700 each! (Teehee :) )
..... eerr... you... er.. Dont do you? :rolleyes:
Shouts Downstairs: "Doris where's me strat!?.. have you seen THIS??"[/quote]

i wish haha what i didn't say was that we are a 7 piece so we tend to base it on £100 quid each for local gigs we tend to find that works for us, thanks again for all your input the band will def not be breaking up in fact i think this has made us more determined to carry on with the plan to gig more.

cheers again steve