Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct Question

NJE

Hello,

Just a real simple question about Bass Direct. I am thinking about going to Warwick on Friday and thought I would pop in and have a look around because so many folk say wonderful things about the place. I wasn't sure if it was by appointment or whether you can just go in at any time? The thing is I might pick up some strings and I am tempted by a GigSkinz bag for my Eden head, but I didnt want to book an appointment and go in and not buy anything, would feel a bit guilty. Also do they mind youplaying basses even if you cant afford them?

Many thanks,

Nathan

He's very friendly and exerts no pressure at all. You can play whatever you want and just walk away ...
He can do that because he knows his stuff creates a huge build up of GAS in even the most resistant shopper and you may well be back for Nordy in 5 months time :)

Cheers,

Will probably give a call later but cant while I am at work and just wanted to see if it was an option for friday. I am planning it today and It was either bass direct and warwick castle or west midlands safari park, I think we have a winner and its bass related!

[quote name='Raggy' post='618195' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:03 AM']You only need to make an appointment for a saturday, he is usually there all week. Always worth an email or phone call tho.

Heed our words....................You'll end up with a severe case of GAS!!!!![/quote]

Ha ha everyone has got me really worried now, I am terrified I might walk out with something I don't need........but want! Actually I will have my girlfriend with me and she is usually the best GAS buster there is. Saying that she did actively encourage the new EBS cab and even gave me some towards it, so I cant rely on her. Just seen teh really cheap secondhand warwick fortress, dear lord!

[quote name='NJE' post='618196' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:07 AM']Ha ha everyone has got me really worried now, I am terrified I might walk out with something I don't need........but want! Actually I will have my girlfriend with me and she is usually the best GAS buster there is. Saying that she did actively encourage the new EBS cab and even gave me some towards it, so I cant rely on her. Just seen teh really cheap secondhand warwick fortress, dear lord![/quote]
If it makes you feel better my girlfriend is the same.

"Do you REALLY need that?"
"Yes!"
"No you dont. Now lets go."
"B....b...but i doooo!"
"No." Walks out shop with my car keys and more than likely my wallet.

Defeated! :)

[quote name='woodyratm' post='618197' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:12 AM']If it makes you feel better my girlfriend is the same.

"Yes!"
"B....b...but i doooo!"

Defeated! :rolleyes:[/quote]

:) That's really funny, it must be some training course all women go on 'Male GAS negotiations 101' because that sounds like most of our conversations.

[quote name='NJE' post='618193' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:00 AM']Cheers,

Will probably give a call later but cant while I am at work and just wanted to see if it was an option for friday. I am planning it today and It was either bass direct and warwick castle or west midlands safari park, I think we have a winner and its bass related![/quote]

NJE

I am in the shop Monday - Friday 9.30 - 5.30, I open on Saturdays by appointment as I want to give customers the space and time to try gear out which can be difficult in music shops on a Saturday with too many customers hanging around.

It is always worth calling or emailing me before so I can make the time for you. I am also thinking of doing a deal with Warwick castle so you can have a family bass and joust day ;-).

PS - No pressure to buy, you are more than welcome to just pop in for a look, and basschatters are always welcome.

Regards

Mark

Edited by poptart

[quote name='poptart' post='618203' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:24 AM']NJE

I am in the shop Monday - Friday 9.30 - 5.30, I open on Saturdays by appointment as I want to give customers the space and time to try gear out which can be difficult in music shops on a Saturday with too many customers hanging around.

It is always worth calling or emailing me before so I can make the time for you. I am also thinking of doing a deal with Warwick castle so you can have a family bass and joust day ;-).

PS - No pressure to buy, you are more than welcome to just pop in for a look, and basschatters are always welcome.

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Hello,

Thanks very much for the reply, I didnt realise you were a member otherwise I would have sent you a PM. I will most definately be taking you up on the offer to pop in, in that case. I cant afford a Nordy or W&T just yet but always need bits and bobs. Castle and Basses it is this friday then (weather permitting).

Many thanks Mark.

Nathan

[quote name='NJE' post='618218' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:40 AM']Hello,

Thanks very much for the reply, I didnt realise you were a member otherwise I would have sent you a PM. I will most definately be taking you up on the offer to pop in, in that case. I cant afford a Nordy or W&T just yet but always need bits and bobs. Castle and Basses it is this friday then (weather permitting).

Many thanks Mark.

Nathan[/quote]

BassDirect is a BC affilate ..
Here's the link but you may not want to go there :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=46"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=46[/url]

[quote name='woodyratm' post='618197' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:12 AM']If it makes you feel better my girlfriend is the same.

"Yes!"
"B....b...but i doooo!"

Defeated! :)[/quote]

Yeah, but try that in Hobbs

"do your REALLY need those shoes?" etc

[quote name='NJE' post='618196' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:07 AM']....Ha ha everyone has got me really worried now, I am terrified I might walk out with something I don't need........but want!....[/quote]
But then you'll realise you needed it all the time.

So that's the day sorted then, Bass Direct first and if you've got time Warwick Castle! A grand day out, if you ask me!!

[quote name='wayne58' post='618353' date='Oct 6 2009, 11:05 AM']Bass Direct is well worth a look, quality gear and very good after sales service.

Oh......and don't forget to check out the W&T basses.[/quote]

Ahh tricky... the new batch of W&T's (the Black Egon 4, Brown 6, blue EJ) is due to arrive [b]next[/b] week .. :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='618396' date='Oct 6 2009, 11:33 AM']Ahh tricky... the new batch of W&T's (the Black Egon 4, Brown 6, blue EJ) is due to arrive [b]next[/b] week .. :)[/quote]

I would also like to see the boys at W&T make a 'P' clone with a chambered ash body, I have already discussed this briefly with Enrico.
Perhaps next year I may take it further.
Looking forward to seeing your bass finished Simon.

Cameron

Just had a good look through the site as im on a break and there are some seriously awesome looking basses. The red Nordy, Dingwall Jazz and W&T basses have caught my eye (why cant i have cheap taste). saying that there is a secondhand Warwick Fortress 5 there too!!!!! oh dear lord. I only need a bag for my Eden, I only need a bag for my Eden (if I keep saying it, it might work) :)

i am actually incredibly excited now, bet something happens and we cant go after all, just my luck.

[quote name='wayne58' post='618510' date='Oct 6 2009, 01:23 PM']I would also like to see the boys at W&T make a 'P' clone with a chambered ash body, I have already discussed this briefly with Enrico.
Perhaps next year I may take it further.
Looking forward to seeing your bass finished Simon.

Cameron[/quote]

thread hijack! .. sorry!

Well as you know mine is a passive PJ but not a P shape.. Enrico has not suggested chambers as I want the classic p tone (er, several classic P tones if possible :lol: )
The materials are that of a super P so I suspect it will be as close as W&T want to get to a Precision.
It really is starting next week, honest! :) I'm keen to see the black on black Ergon when it arrives at BassDirect before finalising the finish for mine as that is an option.
I was supposed to be going up today with Drewie and another bass playing mate of ours but I decided not to as the W&T's aren't there.
Now would not be a good time to get GAS for something else :rolleyes:

End of hijack :lol:

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='NJE' post='618518' date='Oct 6 2009, 01:29 PM']Just had a good look through the site as im on a break and there are some seriously awesome looking basses. The red Nordy, Dingwall Jazz and W&T basses have caught my eye (why cant i have cheap taste). saying that there is a secondhand Warwick Fortress 5 there too!!!!! oh dear lord. I only need a bag for my Eden, I only need a bag for my Eden (if I keep saying it, it might work) :rolleyes:

i am actually incredibly excited now, bet something happens and we cant go after all, just my luck.[/quote]

:)
Well, if it helps, when had a Fortress 5 my band ripped the urine out of me mercilessly because of the shape of the upper horn ...
and with good reason

[quote name='NJE' post='618193' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:00 AM']Cheers,

Will probably give a call later but cant while I am at work and just wanted to see if it was an option for friday. I am planning it today and It was either bass direct and warwick castle or west midlands safari park, I think we have a winner and its bass related![/quote]

Warwick have a castle? is that where they build their basses?