Why become a member? ×

TRADE or SALE: 1978 Fender Precision

TheButler

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='616289' date='Oct 4 2009, 10:15 AM']what he said!!!

Dude that is a stunner - if your not 10000000% sure keep hold!!! fantastic bass. :)[/quote]

55% now. This is quite a good GAS extinguishing thread, so it is.

[quote name='Etienne' post='616318' date='Oct 4 2009, 10:50 AM']Definitely keep it! Reminds me of Mike Mills of REM's live workhorse... :)[/quote]

Are you trying to make me get rid of it!? :lol: I joke, REM ain' no bad :rolleyes:

Edited by TheButler

Would you trade it for my 80s E series MIJ Precision, £300, a choice of limbs/organs and some pocket lint? :brow:

Seriously though, I'm planning on buying an old precision like this towards the end of the year when i get the cash in from the Christmas gigs.

Trade for a fender jazz Made in Usa , Factory special run limited edition 1000 copies , lake placid blue matching headstock?

[quote name='Delberthot' post='616555' date='Oct 4 2009, 04:17 PM']Would you trade it for my 80s E series MIJ Precision, £300, a choice of limbs/organs and some pocket lint? :brow:

Seriously though, I'm planning on buying an old precision like this towards the end of the year when i get the cash in from the Christmas gigs.[/quote]

[quote name='Delberthot' post='616651' date='Oct 4 2009, 05:36 PM']or a certain gold bass on these very pages

That's traditional innit?

and I am only half an hour away from you as well :)[/quote]

Lovely, but naw thanks.

[quote name='OldGit' post='616712' date='Oct 4 2009, 06:39 PM']Esh Various 4?[/quote]

Not a fan mate.

[quote name='tischbein' post='616779' date='Oct 4 2009, 07:54 PM']PM´ed.[/quote]

Replied - with a nope :rolleyes:

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='616782' date='Oct 4 2009, 07:56 PM']PM'd[/quote]

and the same.. :lol:

Cheers for all the interest thus far though :lol:

I'd love a Guild Starfires, Epiphone Rivoli's, EB-2Bs'.. i realise some of these might mean more money from me, so if so just say. Would also be interested in 'modern' P-Basses with P/J pups - with money from myself - Sadowsky, Valenti you know the type. OR a Rick 4003.

Also, if you have any of the above i might be able to do a cash offer.

Edited by TheButler

[quote name='TheButler' post='623634' date='Oct 12 2009, 01:04 AM']Another bumpin'

Can add money for a really nice, vintage-y but most importantly, giggable semi acoustic. Can add money for a nice boutiquey/moderney Jazz.[/quote]

That's a very nice Pbass. What's the weight on that beauty?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Not entirely sure. Find the nearest tree trunk and try and lift it, that might give you a good idea. It does have monstrous tone though there isn't any two ways about describing this things weight. I love it though, and it isn't anything that a good strap doesn't sort out :)

Edited by TheButler