Why become a member? ×

Widdles

Veils

Everyone here must have a few lil widdles that they always play on a bass. Maybe it's what you sound check with? Maybe it's what you play when you are trying a bass in a shop? Whatever it is, everyone has a few of their favourite noodles.

Tab them or record them and we can all exchange cool lil noodles!!

I shall stick mine up here this evenin!

Awww I have a confession to make! My two 'widdles' that I mainly use for soundchecks are 'bullwhip' by that Vai type chap and (if I have got the right song) the B pedalled bassline in Voices by DT .. actually.. I don't think thats the right song.. I'll have to check.

The first one is so I know what my full range sound will be like, the second is to check 'bottom end'.

They are not flashy, but Bullwhip seems to cover a pretty wide range and has some nice warm up style stretches in. 'especially if you try to cram all 45 seconds in 30!! ;o)

I will noodle for a bit too, playing very light and very hard so Mr engineer gets a good idea of my dynamic range and any effects / solo sounds I may use.

bullwhip vid is on my MySpace

[quote name='anti-barbie' post='65847' date='Sep 26 2007, 12:44 PM']Here was me thinking this was a thread about needing to pee in the middle of a gig[/quote]

I once met a jazz bassist who swore he was incontinent and got a custom Ampeg chemical crapper for on stage. I think he was endorsed so he got it for free.

[quote name='presoulnation' post='65757' date='Sep 26 2007, 11:00 AM']Everyone here must have a few lil widdles that they always play on a bass. Maybe it's what you sound check with? Maybe it's what you play when you are trying a bass in a shop? Whatever it is, everyone has a few of their favourite noodles.

Tab them or record them and we can all exchange cool lil noodles!!

I shall stick mine up here this evenin![/quote]

I kinda have an alternate picking excersise I use to warm up, it's just 12/11/10 on all 5 strings, alternating the fingers and descending / ascending. Mostly to discipline my fingers into independance. XD

[quote name='paul, the' post='66234' date='Sep 27 2007, 01:01 AM']YES!
Gladys Knight & The Pips - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"

Bumm ba bu ba bumm. ba bu ba bumm bumm...

I've had that C perfect on a few occasions so I know what I'm aiming for.[/quote]

Indeed the best version!!
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kx54wU7vx8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kx54wU7vx8[/url]

Sorry I drifted off there... sad to say I just run through scales to warm up etc.