Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Bongo HH For Sale

AndyTravis

Time for the Bongo to find a new Home.

It looks Brand new.
The only thing i can think of is the small laquer ding on the headstock. And possibly the black pickguard shows signs of play.

I bought this with money from my 21st birthday. So i'm sad to see it go.

It will ship in a non original hardcase, the Bongo didn't ship with a hardcase in 2005 and In a Box. £10 Shipping.

It's a fantastic instrument, and it's appeared on every recording i have since 2005 in some respect or other. Unfortunately, it doesn't suit my band and i can't bare to watch it sit unused. Please give it a good home?

PM me with offers close to, or above £1000 i wanted at first, now £750 plus a tenner to ship in non musicman hardcase?

Andy

Edited by AndyTravis

offers around £1000. If i'm asking too much then just make an offer, and we'll see.
If you're just passing comment, then, yes i know some places are selling them at £1269 or similar, but the chip in the headstock isn't £200 of damage, and as i've said, it's like new otherwise.
Thanks for looking though.

did think about it...but, no times are changing for me.

I do wonder why the other chap seemed intent on ruining my sale with the 'any colour new for £200 more' comment. He obviously wasn't interested anyway. Somebody also did this to a thread i started for an amp, which sold a day later...maybe it's boredom?
I hope he tries to make a sale soon, then i can take a pop...

Anyhow folks, i've had an offer, but it was awholly unrealistic £750.

Bumpity bump.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='610468' date='Sep 27 2009, 11:55 PM']did think about it...but, no times are changing for me.

I do wonder why the other chap seemed intent on ruining my sale with the 'any colour new for £200 more' comment. He obviously wasn't interested anyway. Somebody also did this to a thread i started for an amp, which sold a day later...maybe it's boredom?
I hope he tries to make a sale soon, then i can take a pop...

Anyhow folks, i've had an offer, but it was awholly unrealistic £750.

Bumpity bump.[/quote]

It wasn't about ruining your sale at all... I wouldn't dream of it. It's just that secondhand Bongos have been selling around the £700-£800 mark for a while now. I don't think the guy offering £750 was being unrealistic at all... say when you drive a brand new car off the forecourt, you lose 30% !!! Best of luck anyway, never tried one myself but might get round to buying one after I've moved house. :)

Sweet looking bass. imo this is [u]the[/u] Bongo colour. First one I ever saw was in '03 on the press release from musicman just after NAMM and it was in this desert gold. I've had 3 possibly dull looking ones in comparison,not that I'm complaining cos they sound stellar

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='612683' date='Sep 30 2009, 12:32 AM']Didn't think 402+ watchers would let the bongo pass by without a realistic offer of any sort.[/quote]

How do you count the number of "watchers"?

FWIW I'm reading your thread but I would never buy a Bongo. I don't even like Stingrays and they're pretty!

As for the price, anything is worth what someone will pay for it. If you want a grand, leave it up until you get a grand. It might never happen, but you'll never know if you drop the price.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='613493' date='Oct 1 2009, 01:28 AM']How do you count the number of "watchers"?

FWIW I'm reading your thread but I would never buy a Bongo. I don't even like Stingrays and they're pretty!

As for the price, anything is worth what someone will pay for it. If you want a grand, leave it up until you get a grand. It might never happen, but you'll never know if you drop the price.[/quote]

Looking at a Bongo and hearin a Bongo are 2 very different things :) Absolute monsters of basses. As for the price, if the seller is looking for a particular price, let em. Hope you get what you're looking for man.

Translation: BUMP

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmmm Bongo... another bass I will eventually own. :rolleyes:

Not sure which pup config' I'd like but it will definitely be in this colour. Unfortunately there's a lot of stiff competition in this (and slightly less) price band, so I may be letting my funds burn a bigger hole in my pocket until I can find one a smidgen cheaper. Good luck with the sale as I'm sure the Sado will be worth it. :)

• 2 weeks later...