Why become a member? ×

FEELER: FS/FT MTD Kinston Heir 5 string

paddy mcbride

Hi

I have had this bass a little while now....got it earlier this year....around march i think from this forum. it is a lovely bass and the range of sounds that are achievable from the 3-band bartolini EQ is impressive. I have however, found the move to 5 string difficult and also decided that i prefer the feel of my Warwicks. SO, I am putting out feeler to see what people would offer for this as I am now on the hunt for another 4 string streamer and need the cash.

At the minute this is a feeler but if the right offer comes up i may let her go.

Paddy

[attachment=32823:DSC00208.jpg]

[attachment=32824:DSC00207.jpg]

[attachment=32825:DSC00206.jpg]

£375....I have been made an offer which I will honour unless the right bass comes along.....just waiting for a day or so to be sure i want to part with it because it is such a good bass.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='598672' date='Sep 14 2009, 08:43 PM']Interested in hearing a rough price guesstimate on this one.[/quote]

You're right. They are brilliant and with the added Bartolini 3 band eq it is a very versatile instrument. i just can't get used to the 5th string and don't have the patience to persevere with it. Having said that, it is a very comfortable neck.

[quote name='owen' post='598850' date='Sep 14 2009, 11:27 PM']The most under-rated basses in the world.[/quote]

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='599284' date='Sep 15 2009, 02:59 PM']as said, painfully under-rated basses. i had a 5 string fretless (not heir) that i deeply regret moving on.. :)[/quote]

Not sure what I'd accept as a trade....Open to offers...worst i can say is no thank you. Ideally I'm looking to replace this with another Streamer LX I doubt I'd get a straight swap. So that's why i may end up selling her.

• 2 weeks later...