Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Accugroove Tri210 *SOLD*

Gwilym

hello basschatters

I've a Accugroove Tri210 that I'm going to be selling. It's the version with the controversial switchable 4ohm/8ohm impedance. I think you can safely assume that it's a 4ohm cab regardless of the switch setting. I bought this from Dood two to three years ago now. In that time I've gigged it about 4 or 5 times, and mostly it's been used at home.

If you want more details, check the Accugroove website. (This version weighs 57lbs, the latest version might be a bit lighter)

I'm looking for £500-ish for it, but feel free to make me a reasonable offer.

Reasons for selling? I want a smaller cab (or 2) - and there are a few things knocking around here at the moment that I may go for if this shifts.

Condition is 8/10 IMHO. Used but far from abused.

I guess this will be pickup only... (but I could potentially deliver in the south-east, and probably anywhere on a direct route from London to North or South Wales )

cheers
G

Edited by Gwilym

I even thought about having the cab myself ;o)

Here's a thumbs up for Gwil. Top guy to deal with and if this cab has only been used a few times, then it is practially brand new, as I didn't gig it anymore than a few times either, before I went to 'more cones'.

I love the clarity of the Accu' gear, really nice indeed.

[quote name='dood' post='64124' date='Sep 22 2007, 06:49 PM']I even thought about having the cab myself ;o)

Here's a thumbs up for Gwil. Top guy to deal with and if this cab has only been used a few times, then it is practially brand new, as I didn't gig it anymore than a few times either, before I went to 'more cones'.

I love the clarity of the Accu' gear, really nice indeed.[/quote]

Cheers Dood.... :)

[quote name='Rumble' post='64272' date='Sep 23 2007, 08:20 AM']Does it have enough as a stand-alone cab?[/quote]

hi Rumble
well, if like me you're playing small to medium sized rooms then I would say yes. I've used it with a Thunderfunk TF550 head, and I didn't have to push it (or the amp) hard at all to get the desired volume. Most of the time there was PA support too, but I think you'd get away with it one it's own for a "pub" gig.

pics will go up sometime over the weekend...
cheers
G

[quote name='Gwilym' post='64985' date='Sep 24 2007, 08:14 PM']Cheers Dood.... :)
hi Rumble
well, if like me you're playing small to medium sized rooms then I would say yes. I've used it with a Thunderfunk TF550 head, and I didn't have to push it (or the amp) hard at all to get the desired volume. Most of the time there was PA support too, but I think you'd get away with it one it's own for a "pub" gig.

pics will go up sometime over the weekend...
cheers
G[/quote]

I've got one and I love it !

I bought it so that I could use it standalone as I got fed up with lugging a stack around. I use it standalone for Panto gigs with up to 300 people in a marquee. Great bottom end with a five string (unbelievable actually for a 2x10) and tremendous throw. I reckon the bottom end is better than the Flite 1x15 I sold to buy it and its way better than the Ashdown Mag 1x15 I had before that.

Have used it for small to medium pub gigs too. Amp is an HA3500 so theres plenty of scope to drive it harder but it copes fine with drummer and two loud guitarists.

I think mine is 55lbs so its not that heavy. The spl is very high too, so it kicks out a lot of sound for the input - its very efficient. I even drove it with a Peavey Microbass once (20w), just to see how it sounded.

It has a very clean sound, very little colour to my ears. Your bass will sound like its meant to !

and finally the 4/8ohm switch is a waste of space. Its a 4 ohm cab and nothing else.

Price is keen too, the Bass Gallery do them for £970 if I recall, thats if you can get them - they are quite rare in this country.

Cheers, John

• 4 weeks later...

bump... no love for the 'Groove ?

I'd do a partial trade for a GK MB150 extention cabinet (as long as it's in a very good condition), an Aguilar GS112 (or even 2 of them)

ps thanks Wildman for the positive comments :)

Edited by Gwilym

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='77404' date='Oct 21 2007, 06:16 PM']Have you got any recordings of this cab, i've never really heard much of the high class boutique bass cabs?

Since i'm not gigging either, i'm looking into more audiophile solutions rather than pure volume like I used to crave![/quote]

hiya, sorry for the delay in replying, I didn't spot the post :)

I haven't got any recordings of it, an neither to i have the facilities to record it either I'm afraid. You're welcome to come and tri (sic) it out though :huh: pm me if you're interested, I'm based in west London.

Incidentally some reviews of this cab can be found here:
[url="http://www.bgra.net/"]http://www.bgra.net/[/url]
[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/AccuGroove/Tri210L+Cabinet/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...0L+Cabinet/10/1[/url]

More about Accugroove here:
[url="http://www.accugroove.com/"]http://www.accugroove.com/[/url]

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='80175' date='Oct 27 2007, 04:22 PM']When you sell this I've got a CXL112 I'd let go for £400 maybe less :)[/quote]

mmmm, interesting! I have not see this cab for sale... Have I missed a thread? Should you start one? There might be other interested...

pa

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='80175' date='Oct 27 2007, 04:22 PM']When you sell this I've got a CXL112 I'd let go for £400 maybe less :huh:[/quote]

hey Steve, I will keep it in mind when I sell this, although if I trade it, that won't work :)
cheers G

[quote name='NickThomas' post='80605' date='Oct 28 2007, 10:20 PM']I'm a bit tempted to try this under an abm500 ... hmmmm[/quote]

hi Nick, let me know if you'd like to try it out, I'm around most weekends and evenings (or can be)
cheers
Gwil

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='lee650' post='130396' date='Jan 30 2008, 12:06 AM']HI
Shame your not trading, id gladly swap my EBS evolution proline 4x10 for it, when i sell it ill be in touch, all the best-LEE[/quote]

hi Lee, yeah i saw you had it for sale, almost suggested a trade too, but it's just too big and heavy for me I'm afraid. Speak soon then maybe :)
cheers
G

Edited by Gwilym

[quote name='steve-soar' post='130976' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:38 PM']Where do you live?
Cheers Steve.[/quote]

hi Steve, West London, but I do get around a bit on the odd occasion, esp to north and south Wales... although I'm not planning any imminent trips, if it all worked out and was mutually convenient I could deliver for FREE, and in fact I'd even offer a weekend "loan" on approval with a cash surety my way of course :)

Otherwise you'll have to come and pick it up.

cheers
G

I live in Birkenhead and like the sound of free delivery. I've just got a Crown XTi 1000 which pumps out a decent amount of watts, so I'm looking for a good 4 ohm cab. The amp can put out 1400w in bridge mode at 4 ohms or 700w in stereo. I don't want to mess you around but if I could try it and liked it then I would have it from you. Any suggestions?
Cheers Steve.

Hi G
Still interested in your cab as soon as i sell mine ill be in touch, all the best -LEE

hi Steve, West London, but I do get around a bit on the odd occasion, esp to north and south Wales... although I'm not planning any imminent trips, if it all worked out and was mutually convenient I could deliver for FREE, and in fact I'd even offer a weekend "loan" on approval with a cash surety my way of course :)

Otherwise you'll have to come and pick it up.

cheers
G
[/quote]

• 3 months later...

[quote name='reniwren' post='201385' date='May 18 2008, 09:31 AM']would you consider shipping?[/quote]

hiya, sorry I can't - don't have time to source packaging materials, or wait in for couriers I'm afraid. got to be collection or mutually convenient meetup.

[quote name='simondee' post='201406' date='May 18 2008, 10:23 AM']if it's still about at the end of the month I'll be very interested in pairing this with my new Warwick Quad VI :)[/quote]

let me know!

cheers
G