Why become a member? ×

Refinished Fender Precision 1964

mattbass6

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='593508' date='Sep 9 2009, 01:10 AM']Fully agree with what has been said - Matt, if it were me, I too would hang onto it. My father has a Strat from the same year and he has had people make numerous offers on it (it too has a refinished body in fiesta red!) and he is going to hang onto it as you say, its got history etc being a 45 year old instrument. However, if you want me to take it off your hands for an indefinite period (re: valuation!) then you know what to do!!! Takes about ten to twelve months....!

Cheers!

Nick[/quote]

Thanks again guys. I am definitely going to hang on to it and see what happens from there. Catch you here again, very soon and take care.

Cheers,

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

After much deliberation I have decided that this bass does have to find a new home. The initial experience of finding it was a refinished, obviously, disappointed me but that still doesn't change the fact that the money is needed now and this beautiful bass that has been with me for 22 years will have to help fund the things I need. I am still prepared to let it go for £1500.00 which will include a full flight case in that price. I am also prepared to deliver within a 75 mile range of Cardiff or if someone wants to collect, then that is great with me. I hope someone will want a piece of history for their collection and give it the home it deserves.

Thanks for listening and any questions, you know where I am. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

P.S. Would possibly look at a trade for a series 1 Yamaha TRB6 plus cash or a series 1 Yamaha TRB6 JP plus cash. I wouldn't be looking at any other basses I'm afraid.

P.P.S. If you are an overseas buyer, then I am only looking for a direct sale - no trades plus cash, plus the shipping is to be paid for by you and added to the final cost of the bass. Thank you.

Edited by mattbass6

[quote name='Hutton' post='592898' date='Sep 8 2009, 02:12 PM']I'm afraid that I am not in a position to buy this lovely bass. However, I would just like to say that you have restored my faith in basschat. You are indeed a gentleman. All the very best for a successfull conclusion to your sale.[/quote]
A wonderful sentiment, not that I needed any faith restoring though.

[quote name='simon1964' post='593164' date='Sep 8 2009, 06:45 PM']Argh! That price is very tempting for a Fender born the same year as me![/quote]
Oh dear, me too. I would love this I think.

So tempting, I can't afford it, I would need a loan and probably a new wife :)

[quote name='bigthumb' post='616670' date='Oct 4 2009, 05:48 PM']This is such a great opportunity to own a true vintage refinished or not. £1500 is a steal!

Do you take credit card or in need of any vital organs? :brow:[/quote]

Credit card can be arranged sir :)

[quote name='Shockwave' post='616701' date='Oct 4 2009, 06:25 PM']Damn, i havent quite got enough to buy this, do you need any extra cabs by any chance?[/quote]

I don't I'm afraid sir :) Too many as it is, but thanks. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Unfortunately the sale of this bass fell through. So, here it is again folks. It truly is a stunning bass and does need a new home, so please don't let it is there for another 22 years. Hopefully speak to you soon and take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Have a free Monday bumpity bumpity for a beautiful bass!

Plus just to let you know there is 1964 Precision/Jazz Bridge on that t'ebay at the moment - £220! sounds expensive to me, but what do I know? - but may help to make it more acceptable to the 'purist' brigade??

Good luck with sale - my numbers didn't come up this week, so it's back to feeling down the back of the furniture again!

It's a gorgeous bass & if I find a bit more spare dosh, in the words of Arnie - 'I'll be back'!

All the best,

Tim.

ps - 'green with envy'!!

[quote name='mattbass6' post='617181' date='Oct 5 2009, 10:48 AM']Unfortunately the sale of this bass fell through. So, here it is again folks. It truly is a stunning bass and does need a new home, so please don't let it is there for another 22 years. Hopefully speak to you soon and take care.

Cheers,

Matt[/quote]

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='617390' date='Oct 5 2009, 01:26 PM']Hi Matt,

Have a free Monday bumpity bumpity for a beautiful bass!

Plus just to let you know there is 1964 Precision/Jazz Bridge on that t'ebay at the moment - £220! sounds expensive to me, but what do I know? - but may help to make it more acceptable to the 'purist' brigade??

Good luck with sale - my numbers didn't come up this week, so it's back to feeling down the back of the furniture again!

It's a gorgeous bass & if I find a bit more spare dosh, in the words of Arnie - 'I'll be back'!

All the best,

Tim.

ps - 'green with envy'!![/quote]

:) Nice one Tim, appreciated sir and thanks for the info on the bridge as well. I will check it out. Take care and catch you soon.

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by mattbass6

Hello Matt,

Sorry if this sounds like a cheeky question. Is there a way of telling which year the body was made, since the person who applied the refinish did not bother to mask the neck socket?

Also, what's the neck/socket fit like?

Thanks mate.
Nigel

[quote name='silddx' post='617842' date='Oct 5 2009, 07:24 PM']Hello Matt,

Sorry if this sounds like a cheeky question. Is there a way of telling which year the body was made, since the person who applied the refinish did not bother to mask the neck socket?

Also, what's the neck/socket fit like?

Thanks mate.
Nigel[/quote]

Hi Nigel,

Not a cheeky question at all. I have been reliably informed, by a few separate parties, that the body is the same year as the neck. The neck slots perfectly in and fits like a glove. I hope that helps my friend and take care.

Cheers,

Matt

[quote name='mattbass6' post='617881' date='Oct 5 2009, 08:02 PM']Hi Nigel,

Not a cheeky question at all. I have been reliably informed, by a few separate parties, that the body is the same year as the neck. The neck slots perfectly in and fits like a glove. I hope that helps my friend and take care.

Cheers,

Matt[/quote]
Thanks Matt! Appreciated. Finally, would you kindly tell me the nut width please.

Thanks agin, sorry to be a nuisance.

[quote name='silddx' post='617921' date='Oct 5 2009, 08:33 PM']Thanks Matt! Appreciated. Finally, would you kindly tell me the nut width please.

Thanks agin, sorry to be a nuisance.[/quote]

Hello mate, you are not being a nuisance honestly. The nut width is 1.75" (4.5cm). I hope that helps as well my friend and any more question then please feel to get in touch any time. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

[quote name='mattbass6' post='617969' date='Oct 5 2009, 09:15 PM']Hello mate, you are not being a nuisance honestly. The nut width is 1.75" (4.5cm). I hope that helps as well my friend and any more question then please feel to get in touch any time. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt[/quote]
Arrgh, of course I sort of knew that would be the case, but one never knows. That nut width is too wide for me. I suppose I need a P with a Jazz neck or a later P with a B width neck. I think my dream of owning a P born in the same year as me is now properly over :)

Sorry to waste your time Matt, but sincere thanks for the info.

[quote name='silddx' post='618210' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:33 AM']Arrgh, of course I sort of knew that would be the case, but one never knows. That nut width is too wide for me. I suppose I need a P with a Jazz neck or a later P with a B width neck. I think my dream of owning a P born in the same year as me is now properly over :)

Sorry to waste your time Matt, but sincere thanks for the info.[/quote]

You are not wasting my time mate, so no worries. Good luck with your hunt and take care.

Cheers,

Matt