Why become a member? ×

THE NUKE = 3600w HEAD!!!!!

BIG.J

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='589378' date='Sep 4 2009, 08:48 AM']Yup - this is the rig you need:

[url="http://www.theinternetnowinhandybookform.com/schmapple/dreamonpro.html"]http://www.theinternetnowinhandybookform.c...dreamonpro.html[/url]

:)[/quote]
Brilliant! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

I tried buying the Excellentiser (believe me I need one!) but got this message:

[b]Error: Not Cool Enough[/b]

The page you requested has been blocked.

We've checked your computer, browser history, lifestyle and sexual preferences.
It seems that you're just not de jour enough to be allowed further access to SchmApple's superior products and services.

:lol:

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Kev' post='588819' date='Sep 3 2009, 03:33 PM']why would anyone buy this? Even if it was that powerful, the only people who would need it would play in large venues, and chances are then they can afford to buy better quality equipment...[/quote]

I've actually just bought this head and it's amazing! I play in a progressive metal band and the low end on it is nothing like I've ever heard, no joke! I know the 3600W tag is ridiculous and you need like 4 cabs to get the full power out of it but when I was buying it, I just thought that I'm never going to need another head so it was a good investment. I run it through a Hartke VX410 atm but I'm getting an Orange OCB115 so I can run the lows into the 1x15 and highs into the 4x10 and that'll do. Even ruinning it with the cab I have at the moment, it is an absolute monster! The comp on it aswell is pretty damn good aswell. The only thing I can knock it on (and this might just be the one I got) is that some German that's still sour about the World Wars did the rack holes wrong so I can only fit 3/4 screws in on my rack but it's secure so meh, damn Germans :)

[quote name='ChronoBenson' post='1087253' date='Jan 12 2011, 09:14 PM']I've actually just bought this head and it's amazing! I play in a progressive metal band and the low end on it is nothing like I've ever heard, no joke! I know the 3600W tag is ridiculous and you need like 4 cabs to get the full power out of it but when I was buying it, I just thought that I'm never going to need another head so it was a good investment. I run it through a Hartke VX410 atm but I'm getting an Orange OCB115 so I can run the lows into the 1x15 and highs into the 4x10 and that'll do. Even ruinning it with the cab I have at the moment, it is an absolute monster! The comp on it aswell is pretty damn good aswell. The only thing I can knock it on (and this might just be the one I got) is that some German that's still sour about the World Wars did the rack holes wrong so I can only fit 3/4 screws in on my rack but it's secure so meh, damn Germans :)[/quote]

and it blew up :) nuked itself hahah

Ah, Behringer are a great company if you like comedy and lawsuits.
Having said that, I worked my way through some of their kit as a student and every so often they come up with something rather good for the money. I believe (apart from the copying of other brands) that somewhere Behringer have updated an old concept and have a thousand monkeys chained to autocad...going by the number of products they release on a regular basis, they probably release the top 1% of the monkeys' output to market.

And we all know, anyone who has a substantial amount of kit shamefully has a few Behringer products lurking at the bottom of their rack, hoping the 100s of LEDs they love to adorn their products with won't attract the attention of the gear police!

Edited by LawrenceH

[quote name='BIG.J' post='588785' date='Sep 3 2009, 03:06 PM']Any Thoughts!! :)

[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Bugera-BTX36000-The-Nuke-3600-Watt-Bass-Amp-Head/ANG"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/...ss-Amp-Head/ANG[/url]

Must admit one of the nicest and quietest amps i have ever used was there 300w head!

Me thinks this is a little overkill :)

J[/quote]

I had the 300W BX3000T head. It was heavy, the fan was not quiet... but it *did* sound very good, I admit.
That was Behringer being reasonable.

A 3600W head? let's read the specs and then we talk about watts.
But the most important bit is what it sounds like. And that, my friend, I have no clue... but when they start misleading quoting ridiculous power specs (as reported widely for their newer power amps) they lose my respect.

I find Behringer the most frustrating company in music. They almost get it right and somehow end up missing the point. The EP1500 is a little gem. We've had one for years, does what it says on the tin and looks to be well made.

They haven't spent a lot on designing the Nuke. It is just one of their PA amps in a case with their bass pre-amp. They've just combined two products they already make into a single case. Some of their design are quite good, when they work but they are let down with stupid cost cutting, crappy connectors a handful of cheap components in an otherwise good product combined with the same couldn't care less attitude to after sales that Apple show to their customers. Don't their people read the press they get on the internet.

It would cost them pence to improve the quality of their critical components and they would still have huge economies of scale. 5% on their production costs would probably improve their reliability fourfold and their sales by 50%. If their stuff was 20% more expensive but was reliable and repairable we would all be looking at it seriously, it would still be cheap.

I'd love it if there was someone making cheap reliable exotic gear. I can't afford the real thing. Behringer could potentially solve all my problems, but it doesn't.

[quote name='Phil Starr' post='1088286' date='Jan 13 2011, 04:49 PM']I find Behringer the most frustrating company in music. They almost get it right and somehow end up missing the point. The EP1500 is a little gem. We've had one for years, does what it says on the tin and looks to be well made.

They haven't spent a lot on designing the Nuke. It is just one of their PA amps in a case with their bass pre-amp. They've just combined two products they already make into a single case. Some of their design are quite good, when they work but they are let down with stupid cost cutting, crappy connectors a handful of cheap components in an otherwise good product combined with the same couldn't care less attitude to after sales that Apple show to their customers. Don't their people read the press they get on the internet.

It would cost them pence to improve the quality of their critical components and they would still have huge economies of scale. 5% on their production costs would probably improve their reliability fourfold and their sales by 50%. If their stuff was 20% more expensive but was reliable and repairable we would all be looking at it seriously, it would still be cheap.

I'd love it if there was someone making cheap reliable exotic gear. I can't afford the real thing. Behringer could potentially solve all my problems, but it doesn't.[/quote]

+1, this sums up Behringer exactly. The good thing in the case of this one is that if it's just one of their PA amps then there's half a chance it'll work! The built-in crossover is actually a nice way of dealing with these stereo power amps for bass guitar IMO, cross to a decent sub at 100-ish Hz with a 4x10 above and it could be a monstrous rig. I'd let somone else do the product-testing first though :)

I have a very strong suspicion that this is an ampeg svt 4pro copy.... they've copied the classic and the 3 pro too

[url="http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BVV3000-INFINIUM.aspx"]http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BVV3000-INFINIUM.aspx[/url]

[url="http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BVP5500.aspx"]http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BVP5500.aspx[/url]

[quote name='Phil Starr' post='1088286' date='Jan 13 2011, 04:49 PM']It would cost them pence to improve the quality of their critical components and they would still have huge economies of scale. 5% on their production costs would probably improve their reliability fourfold and their sales by 50%. If their stuff was 20% more expensive but was reliable and repairable we would all be looking at it seriously, it would still be cheap.

I'd love it if there was someone making cheap reliable exotic gear. I can't afford the real thing. Behringer could potentially solve all my problems, but it doesn't.[/quote]

Isn't that pretty much what they are going for with Bugera?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='callingltu' post='1100720' date='Jan 24 2011, 01:04 PM']This amp is sucha attention whore. Why they didnt put digital fx proccesor and tuner and "valve" drive in it for same price? That would be even more hilarious[/quote]

Does it come with a personalised plate as an option? Something like NUK3 600. :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1101700' date='Jan 25 2011, 07:33 AM']Sorry just stumbled on this thread and can't be arsed reading about something so utterly pointless that'll self destruct within a matter of days anyway - can someone explain why anyone would want to own this?[/quote]

Blender Test? :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1101700' date='Jan 25 2011, 07:33 AM']Sorry just stumbled on this thread and can't be arsed reading about something so utterly pointless that'll self destruct within a matter of days anyway - can someone explain why anyone would want to own this?[/quote]

You're 16 you have been playing bass for a few years, want to start gigging, not hugely knowledgeable about brands you have a part time job and you have saved up and you walk into the shop and you can buy the most powerful amp in the world. You will buy the nuke.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1101767' date='Jan 25 2011, 09:31 AM']You're 16 you have been playing bass for a few months, want to start gigging, not hugely knowledgeable about brands you have a part time job and you have saved up and you walk into the shop and you can buy the most powerful amp in the world. Also you don't know how to use the internet. You will buy the nuke.[/quote]

Fixed :)