Why become a member? ×

ACG Harlot Fretless 4: FINISHED :: "Looks like a Mediterranean ocean under an indigo sky"

Sugden

The neck on AD's bass is further out from the body in order to accommodate the tuner hardware within the body. Normally I would not do this as it would cause problems with the balance by moving the strap button higher than the 12 th fret but with the headless this won't be an issue.
Alan

[quote name='Sugden' post='34820' date='Jul 20 2007, 05:43 PM']Bit of a colour sample :huh:

[/quote]
Nice. So what goes on next? Is it going to be a red tint to the lacquer to achive the purple? The fingerboard looks stunning. When Alan finishes this there won't be a dry eye in the house. I can't wait to see mine lacquered as the grain on the Amboyna will look amazing! :)

We arent acctualy going purple anymore for the body. I should really change the title of the thread. Its going to be that blue with a laqure finish over the top. The limba will become quite dark i beleive and as its only on the sides should look quite intresting.

The purple I was never 100% sure about as the origonal plan was all blue but I think it will look great with the fretboard.

Sod tissues Im going to need a towel.

That's gonna be something special. I think your colour scheme will work great with the bass. It's one funky organic look. I'm not even sure I prefer the front or the back of the bass! Very alien-esque, super cool!

And yead, lots of gloss and shine would be great with the top.

Love the cutaways. Adds more dynamics to the look, especially on curvy basses

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Cheers. It's got to go to alan at what a stunning job he is doing.

Yep the black accent lines were added to tie in with the black fret markers. But I also think that it goes with the whole idea of the bass quite well.

Chould be intresting when its all finished :)