Why become a member? ×

don't you hate it when...

3V17C

...you're quite excited about the first rehearsal for a new project with existing band members, you put in alot of time learning the songs to get them right and then everyone else has only kinda half learnt the stuff!!

aaaargh! i think its because being widdly, widdly guitarists they assumed this particular material would be easy and just skimmed over it rather than knuckling down and learning it properly.

bah. lousy amateurs!!

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='588166' date='Sep 2 2009, 11:34 PM']...you're quite excited about the first rehearsal for a new project with existing band members, you put in alot of time learning the songs to get them right and then everyone else has only kinda half learnt the stuff!!

aaaargh! i think its because being widdly, widdly guitarists they assumed this particular material would be easy and just skimmed over it rather than knuckling down and learning it properly.

bah. lousy amateurs!!

c[/quote]
Yes, but I love being able to say: 'I think you'll find it's an Fm7 there' or 'It's quite straightforward, it's just a bar of 2/4' etc.

[quote name='3V17C' post='588166' date='Sep 2 2009, 11:34 PM']...you're quite excited about the first rehearsal for a new project with existing band members, you put in alot of time learning the songs to get them right and then everyone else has only kinda half learnt the stuff!!

bah. lousy amateurs!!

c[/quote]

Yes, most annoying, thinking they can wing it or jam it, some can, most can't and we all need to practice and learn material. When that happens, I just f*** off home and tell them to come back when they've learnt their parts.

I know that one of the guitarists, the drummer and the piano player in the cover band won't have learned the new numbers properly. I always learn the numbers, then I've got the "high ground" when we "discuss" what didn't go right, after the show!! And then they wonder why I dep out the gigs as often as I do!!

Less rehearsal, 12 songs at a time and then flame them after the gig.. They get a roasting....

Too many like that and they don't survive the gig...

In depping terms, they'd only get one chance...but yeah, if the song isn't pretty much there on a 1st run through, people haven't done the work
and you'll spend all the time in rehearsal at whatever £ per hour

Embellishments ouitside the track should be done at home..

Wouldn't be impressed

bah. lousy amateurs!!

c[/quote]
I hear ya.
Still, at least you were able to show them who's the dedicated professional one in the band :) one-nil to you.

I suppose I'm really lucky, I don't have that problem. Everyone knows what they are supposed to be doing and we [i]rehearse[/i] and tweak, rather than [i]practice[/i].

I would get seriously pissed off if I was in the OP's position. It's a total waste of time. I'd probably just leave them to it.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='588250' date='Sep 3 2009, 05:14 AM']Band rehearsal and audition for new drummer in our thrash band. Three or four songs had been chosen a week or so in advance.

Me: "Right, let's rock out with Master of Puppets."

Guitarist: "Yeah!!!"

Drummer: "I don't know it. How does it go?"

No lie.[/quote]

Isn't that like illegal for a thrash drummer?