Why become a member? ×

One for the punks?

thebeat

[quote name='beerdragon' post='584031' date='Aug 28 2009, 09:07 PM']Is this the same Paul Gray?

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.gray/basstuff%20&%20FAQ%27s.htm"]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.gray/bas...;%20FAQ%27s.htm[/url][/quote]

sure is :)

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='584283' date='Aug 29 2009, 08:06 AM']No problem with Paul Gray or anything...seen the bloke live a few times, but (on a note of triviality) I couldn't resist having a nosey at what he's been buying recently on eBay.

Paul Gray? A Washburn Mandolin and a Stormtech weatherproof coat (£6.30).

:)

P[/quote]
Cool, I also have a mandolin and a weatherproof coat - finally I have punk credibility :rolleyes:

Definitely in for a punt on this one. I know I can trust his judgement. Alas, I know the price will runaway at the end of the auction.

As is, I don't think he ever used a P with The Damned (he doesn't say so here actually), so I think this is a probably a purchase in the last 20 years.

Top class guy who's electric musical career has been drawn to a shuddering halt due to very bad tinnitus.

If it stays at that price it'll be a good price.

The singer from my band has got Dee Dee Ramone's 1974 Precision bass in his house doing nothing. There's actual footage kicking about of Dee Dee throwing it in the crowd at a gig in London and my mate grabbing it. Never played it though, I might ask him to bring it to the next rehearsal and give it a bash.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='587129' date='Sep 2 2009, 08:18 AM']If it stays at that price it'll be a good price.

The singer from my band has got Dee Dee Ramone's 1974 Precision bass in his house doing nothing. There's actual footage kicking about of Dee Dee throwing it in the crowd at a gig in London and my mate grabbing it. Never played it though, I might ask him to bring it to the next rehearsal and give it a bash.[/quote]

Don't suppose he's short of a few quids at the mo is he..??? :)