Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller Sunburst 4 string for sale- sold to federico

thumperbob 2002

Hi All

Realised I`m a 5 string man so the Marcus has to go-

Sunburst- good condition- the odd nick here and there- been a working bass

Sounds great- really versatile- has an original 70s style bridge.

New set of Fatbeams- set up great. Nice and light.

Looking for £450 plus postage- I live in Hessle near Hull- so f anyone wants to try- feel free. Sorry about photos.

Cheers

Bob

[attachment=31472:blackber...0709_037.jpg]

[attachment=31473:blackber...0709_036.jpg]

Edited by thumperbob 2002

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='579424' date='Aug 24 2009, 07:22 PM']Hi All

Realised I`m a 5 string man so the Marcus has to go-

Sunburst- good condition- the odd nick here and there- been a working bass

Sounds great- really versatile- has an original 70s style bridge.

New set of Fatbeams- set up great. Nice and light.

Looking for £450 plus postage- I live in Hessle near Hull- so f anyone wants to try- feel free. Sorry about photos.

Cheers

Bob

[attachment=31472:blackber...0709_037.jpg]

[attachment=31473:blackber...0709_036.jpg][/quote]

Sorry if this sounds a bit dim... I've done a quick search but I can't establish if there are different (i.e. USA / MIJ / MIM) versions of this bass available. I had the chance to try one a while back at a mini NE bash and I was quite impressed but no idea where the model originated from. Any info?

[quote name='plumbob' post='579464' date='Aug 24 2009, 07:59 PM']"Sounds great- really versatile- has an original 70s style bridge."

Yep they are great basses, just wondered why you did away with the Badass bridge ?[/quote]

70s bridge was on it when I bought it - Yeah and made in Japan

Best Jazz ihave owned- shame to get rid but I play my 5 string and never can use both at the same time- in the same band- I just get nervous when I do.

Cheers

Bob

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='579473' date='Aug 24 2009, 08:05 PM']70s bridge was on it when I bought it - Yeah and made in Japan

Best Jazz ihave owned- shame to get rid but I play my 5 string and never can use both at the same time- in the same band- I just get nervous when I do.

Cheers

Bob[/quote]

If I hadn't just spent out on an amp head i might have had this to match my natural Marcus Miller , bugger !

Know what you mean about 5-string I'm the other way round, play 4 get nervous with 5 :)

Some more info from the chap I bought it off --

This is a sunburst one and has had the bridge replaced with a 70's reissue bridge- sounds and feels excellent.

Passive mode is excellent as is active mode- volume between the two is very close so it's easy to flick the switch over if you want to kick in a bit of a bass boost etc- when used carefully the preamp is brilliant.

It also has a set of the following pickups in- a BIG improvement over the originals- highly noticable on the bridge pu which is now much fuller. The whole sound is a slightly beefier version of the originals.
[url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0992123000"]http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0992123000[/url]

Set up is quite low, with no rattles or dead spots.

It was owned by my friend Russ (MrRuss on BassChat), and BB200, and has been well looked after by them... they are both good BassChat users.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='579437' date='Aug 24 2009, 07:34 PM']The MM IV is Japanese and the MM V is USA.[/quote]

Not sure this is right?!
They list both MM 4's and 5's on the Fender.com website, and they're not in the habit of listing Japanese models :)

So is this bass for sale US or Japanese?
Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='579502' date='Aug 24 2009, 08:25 PM']Not sure this is right?!
They list both MM 4's and 5's on the Fender.com website, and they're not in the habit of listing Japanese models :)

So is this bass for sale US or Japanese?
Si[/quote]

The 4s are Japanese. Fender do export a handful of Japanese models to Europe. The ones they don't export tend to be those that would directly compete with US models - eg the reissues.

The Jaguar is Japanese I think?

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='584652' date='Aug 29 2009, 06:09 PM']ehhh..."blushing"....I used to own this bass and actually found the ashtray thingy that covers the neck pup when I moved house a while ago....happy to post to the seller/buyer against P&P.

Carl[/quote]

Hi Carl

Sold to federico- I`m sure he will PM you with his details- much appreciated

cheers

Bob