Why become a member? ×

Warwick Bleached Blonde Thumb Bass, SOLD

P-T-P

I bought this a few weeks back from MB1 and while it is a cracking bass, I'd like to turn it into something that's going to be a bit more suited to me and the kinda music I play.

[attachment=2508:006.jpg][attachment=2509:008.jpg][attachment=2510:009.jpg]
[attachment=2511:007.jpg][attachment=2512:010.jpg]
It's in superb condition and it comes with a virtually new case.

I've found the bass thoroughly enjoyable to play, especially when it comes to slap and funky fingerstyle but when it comes to how I actually use it in a gig situation, there's just too much of a difference between it and my DJ5 for comfort, which is a shame because it sounds very different to the DJ.

I'm not sure if it is because this is a 4 string and I've just got too used to playing a 5 or if it is because the styling of the bass is such that it sits so very differently.

This cost me £735 so I'd be looking to get that back either in a trade/part-ex or for sale.

I could possibly add some cash to a deal for the right bass.

I'm interested mainly in 5 stringers but would consider the following 4s: Fender US P or J, MMan (never owned one, maybe it's time), Warwick Streamers, Lakland 4s. I like maple fretboards moreso than other woods. I'd consider fretless too (especially unlined).

Thanks for looking.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='proghead' post='61595' date='Sep 17 2007, 12:26 PM']Intrested in a 1994 Fretless StingRay4 in mint condition?

Andy from Switzerland[/quote]

Can you supply some pics Andy?

[quote name='Machines' post='61611' date='Sep 17 2007, 12:45 PM']PM sent.[/quote]

Replied.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='61621' date='Sep 17 2007, 01:55 PM']Can you supply some pics Andy?[/quote]

Hi P-T-P.

Here are some pics.

To avoid misunderstandings: I'm not going to part with the red one!

That said: the black one is really in mint condition. I made the pics this summer with a professional camera and you can see every single fingerprint!

Have a nice day!

Andy

Edited by proghead

MB1. :)

Greetings P.T.P!
This bass is probably the best Warwick Thumb Bass i have ever played.This totally beats the normal wenge/ovangkol/bubinga bolt on.I can also verify that this is in immaculate condition and plays like a dream.Its also one of the best Limited Edition series Warwick have done.If you need more proof ask Stuart Clayton on this very site, as he did in fact review one for Bass Guitarist Magazine. The photographs dont do it justice to be honest it has to be seen in the flesh so to speak!(bugger to photograph!).
All The Best
Martin.

Thanks Martin,

There's no doubt in my mind that if I played in a band that was more suited to it, it would end up being my number one bass because it sounds and plays amazing, just too different from my Lakland for comfort. Lot's of interest as you've seen but nothing spot on the mark just yet and it's a fun bass to have around so I won't be too concerned if I have to keep it!

[quote name='P-T-P' date='Sep 20 2007, 10:10 PM' post='63346']
Thanks Martin,

There's no doubt in my mind that if I played in a band that was more suited to it, it would end up being my number one bass because it sounds and plays amazing, just too different from my Lakland for comfort. Lot's of interest as you've seen but nothing spot on the mark just yet and it's a fun bass to have around so I won't be too concerned if I have to keep it!

MB1. :)

If it hadnt been for me playing one bass all the time,i wouldnt have sold it....This was just too nice to use as a spare!
All the best.
Martin.

SOLD pending the payment etc.

Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest and for the many offers I've received, hopefully the deal is done but if it falls through there's a couple of you I will probably get back to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...