Why become a member? ×

LED on a neck

JackLondon

[quote name='JackLondon' post='576503' date='Aug 21 2009, 11:10 AM']Hi,

I was thinking about getting LEDs fitted on the neck of my Ibanez, I was wondering if anyone had anything done byt this company [url="http://www.simscustom.com"]Sims Custom Shop[/url]

Cheers
Jack[/quote]

Hi

Not Leds But!

I have a genuine 70s P bass that has had the body refinished in 3 tone sunburst, and it is a stunning high quality job!

They also made me a new pickguard in abalone for my Mustang bass and that is also First Class.

Hope that is of some use to you!

Will.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='576559' date='Aug 21 2009, 11:45 AM']Sims is the first port of call. I can vouch for their work.

The other you may wish to investigate is - [url="http://www.auroraproject.co.uk"]www.auroraproject.co.uk[/url]

...although I have never seen any of their work.[/quote]
I saw some aurora stuff at the LIMS a couple of years ago, although they didn't seem to be there for the last one. Not sure how they differ from the SIMS ones, but the looked blummin' good up close.

btw - the 'britain's got talent 'link on the aurora site has an amusing youtube video of some poor bloke with a pushy mother-in-law. He plays an LED-equipped ibanez geetar & gets totaly slagged off by Simon Cowell. Perhaps he's intimidated by anyone that can play an instrument :) .

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='576720' date='Aug 21 2009, 02:47 PM']I saw some aurora stuff at the LIMS a couple of years ago, although they didn't seem to be there for the last one. Not sure how they differ from the SIMS ones, but the looked blummin' good up close.

btw - the 'britain's got talent 'link on the aurora site has an amusing youtube video of some poor bloke with a pushy mother-in-law. He plays an LED-equipped ibanez geetar & gets totaly slagged off by Simon Cowell. Perhaps he's intimidated by anyone that can play an instrument :) .[/quote]

I haven't done the LED thing but I went to shop associated with Aurora Project in Orpington to get a replacement scratchplate sorted for an Ibanez Strat copy ( it had 'gone static' ) and the guy definitely seemed to know his stuff and the work on display looked good to me.

I got LEDs put on my Chapman stick by SIMS earlier this year. I dropped it off in person and Martin showed me all around the workshop and explained in detail all the features of one of his Enfield basses. It was a very interesting trip and they did a great job. A+ all round from me. Martins a great bloke.

Quite expensive though!

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='576720' date='Aug 21 2009, 02:47 PM']btw - the 'britain's got talent 'link on the aurora site has an amusing youtube video of some poor bloke with a pushy mother-in-law. He plays an LED-equipped ibanez geetar & gets totaly slagged off by Simon Cowell. Perhaps he's intimidated by anyone that can play an instrument :) .[/quote]

In all fairness to Cowell, the guy was VERY average in terms of musicianship, it was pretty much just a bloke with a flashy (OTT!) guitar.

MB1. :)
Hello Jack
I previously used to own a Alembic Epic which was one of the first basses Mr Sim put LEDS in(featured in the Bassist Magazine) i bought this from Martin it was one of his Ex demo models.Ive also had Status/warwick basses L.E.D'd by Sims.
Martin is a Great Guy and i wouldnt trust anybody else for aftermarket L.E.Ds....A 100% Mustard Service!