Why become a member? ×

Shep's gear...

pantherairsoft

I finally have my dream set up. its taken 6 months of being very poor and working up through a few amps, buying and selling to get what I have but here goes....

Overwater Evolution Custom (Many of you will of seen this a million times in the Overwater Forum here on Bass Chat)

MarkBass 106HF (needs some new rubber feet and casters but other wise perfect)
MarkBass SA450 Head

Pedal Train 2 holding some sexy effects.

All together I'm sure you will all agree it looks quite pretty!

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

Hi guys, the effects run...

Boss TU-2 -> Ashdown Lomenzo Hyperdrive -> Boss Bass Flanger -> Boss Bass Chorus -> EHX Bass Micro Synth -> Boss DD3 Delay

The bass is actually Wenge (dark brown with a strong visible grain) rather than black, but the lighting has not shown it well :-)

As for rig size... yeah its quite large... cab is the same hight as the bass almost exactly... irony is I don't have a car at all and I'm only 5'4"... yay!

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='567421' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:42 PM']irony is I don't have a car at all and I'm only 5'4"... yay![/quote]

So how do you manage to reach that amp then???

(snigger - except I'm 5'7 and 3/4, and dont forget the 3/4, so I stick to a 410 so I can reach the amp with only one beer crate to stand on)

[quote name='bartelby' post='568337' date='Aug 13 2009, 07:52 PM']I apologise most emphatically!! I try to stay out of the build threads.
:)
Beautiful bass though.[/quote]

Cheers, I'll forgive you... this time :-)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='568377' date='Aug 13 2009, 08:32 PM']that is one beautiful setup. I would seriously LOVE a markbass rig like that.[/quote]

It is quite a beast thats for sure, and total overkill for my paying in my 1 bed apartment need... but I got an awesome deal on it, and while I may not need all the power now... It really is a rig that should last me a life time...

• 4 months later...

Hi people,

It's been a while since I added to this... so here is my new arrival...

GB Spitfire
Duck-Egg Blue with god-knows-what colour scratch plate :-)
Ash body
Tiger-Stripe Maple neck
Indian Rosewood Board
Chrome and Matt Grey hardware
19mm string spacing, 35" scale
Crazy GB Electronics, including the Metronome and Tuner upgrades

It's worth noting that due to lighting the Spitfire appears quite different in terms of how 'bright' the blue is on various shots... The second and third shots (body front close ups) are the most accurate... the others border on electric blue which the bass is actually quite far from.

Edited by pantherairsoft

Also some pics of my current collection at the mo... My amp/cab situation is due to change soon so will update all as my Markbass 106HF has now sold, when its replacement is around I will post some pics...

The Warwick is currently up for sale and so may be leaving my soon. I am however due to receive a Godlyke Disciple 5 in the near future, which may also not stay for long... depends on how I take to it... :-)

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='ped' post='693763' date='Dec 26 2009, 03:29 PM']Oh yeah I didn't notice that!! Well actually if I am being hyper critical I think I preferred the old shape 'plate, but it's a stunning bass and I bet it's very comfortable.

ped[/quote]

At first glance I thought the same, but looking down at it, the plate just looks so 'right'... I don't think there is a better way to explain it...

It is a fantastically balanced bass, sits a little nicer on the knee and is far lighter than the Overwater, but feels and sounds very different to play. Still stunned by the amazing highs....

Edited by pantherairsoft

That's a lovely looking piece of wood on the floor!!

Oh, and the basses don't look too bad either! That Warwick is a real beaut. I don't usually go for Warwicks, but if I did, the Thumb 5 would definitely be "the one"!!

Nice collection dude - and congrats on shifting the 106HF!

[quote name='Conan' post='693931' date='Dec 26 2009, 07:37 PM']That's a lovely looking piece of wood on the floor!!

Oh, and the basses don't look too bad either! That Warwick is a real beaut. I don't usually go for Warwicks, but if I did, the Thumb 5 would definitely be "the one"!![/quote]

Cheers... It's laminate :-)

My Thumb is 'the one'. buy it! Lol.

Cheers for the kind comments

Edited by pantherairsoft

• 4 weeks later...

Th current rig set up, thank to funding from selling all but the Overwater and GB, a shift around of effects and a bargain amp purchase and a donation from good friend....

For those interested...

GB Spitfire
EBS Fafner in Gator case
EBS Neo212 on Auralex Platfoam
Pedal Train2, powered by a Diago Powerstation running...
Boss TU2
Umph mini looper
Tech 21 XXL Bass Edition
MXR Blowtorch
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
EBS Unichorus
EBS Octabass
Boss DD3

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...:)

Edited by pantherairsoft