Why become a member? ×

Wrong bass for the genre?

Low End Bee

[quote name='Rich' post='567583' date='Aug 13 2009, 07:53 AM']That guitarist is neither psycho nor billy enough. He needs a huge Gretsch or something, and some silly hair. Perhaps his mum won't let him have a daft haircut?[/quote]
Later picture, I think:

Halfway there, but Mum's still in control. "Now Peter, if you're going to have that silly Grinch guitar or whatever it's called, you [b][i]must[/i][/b] wear your glasses. No, no arguments."

There was an awesome Gibson Flying-V parts mash-up on here - that appealed, on the exact same basis (bass-is?), of having something a little perverse to draw people's attention.

BC Rich would give you plenty of examples - Ironbird, Stealth, Bich... not all of them blacker-than-black, but with enough spice to flavour the looks.

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='567632' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:00 AM']Rockabilly / Psychobilly / Punk originals stuff.[/quote]
Surely you do a cover of Rebel Yell by Billy Idol? One of my fave songs when I was in my earlyish teens.

[quote]A mate of mine at college was in a Descendants/Propaghandi type punk band and had a flourescent green BC Rich Warlock at one point. He said it was the best sounding bass he'd ever owned, but he had to get rid because it looked so bad![/quote]

Ah, the danger of Warlocks! :)

My mate has a reverse headstock Warlock, with a snakeskin paint job - real '80s rock!