Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT410HE

thedontcarebear

I used to have a 410E, which I think was a pre-cursor to the 410HE. It struggled a bit at gig volumes so I sold it on. It was being powered by a Peavey T-max. I do believe the 410E's were only rated at 250-300watts, whereas the 410HE can handle a bit more.

Let us know how you find it, if you pick one up. I'd be interested to see how it handles a bit of volume.

I think the tone & sound of the SVT 410HE is awesome, but can struggle for volume on bigger stages/outdoor gigs (but that was probably more to do with me only using a 100 watt amp).

If you like lots of lows then yes you would be better off with a 1x15 to go with it, but the lows haven't been an issue for me.

USA made SVT 410HE for sale here- [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50558"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50558[/url]

Edited by Bananaman

I like 'em- they're essentially 1/2 of an SVT810E - an enclosed(no porting) 4x10- grab 2 & U got a 'modular SVT810.... I liked playing thru one with my V4BH all tube amp. Only played thru one ONCE & that was my impression. liked it w/ a 100w tube amp & a passsive Precision

I used to have the 410HE paired with the 15E. I think you need an amp that kicks out some real juice at 8ohms to get the best out of the 410 as a single cab. My SVT3 is only 275 watts into 8ohms, and I found myself running out of headroom when I was playing with a really loud band, but with both cabs up and running it was ace.

In a less rowdy band, it might not be such an issue. Was always a nice sounding cab, I only sold it on because I wanted a 1 cab setup.

Well, I ordered one in the end, so we shall see! It'll be used with an Eden WT1000 poweramp, which can be bridged into 8 ohms with quite a bit of power, so should be okay!

Geoff, I remember borrowing yours before and liked it, so it should be good (would have waited and tried yours again if I had seen it before ordering!), if you ever sell yours let me know and I might get it so I have 2!

• 4 months later...

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='553721' date='Jul 28 2009, 10:36 AM']Well, I ordered one in the end, so we shall see! It'll be used with an Eden WT1000 poweramp, which can be bridged into 8 ohms with quite a bit of power, so should be okay!

Geoff, I remember borrowing yours before and liked it, so it should be good (would have waited and tried yours again if I had seen it before ordering!), if you ever sell yours let me know and I might get it so I have 2![/quote]

The Ampeg SVT 4 is a great cab. It is designed to be used with the all valve classic though. SOunds lovely and warm with this. if you are using a solid state or hybrid amp I would go for a cab with more range like an Epifani or Aguilar, youll get more warmth and high end bite out of one of these with that type of amp.
US Ampeg cabs are different to the new breed of Vientamese ones, they use heavier cabinets. Not sure if it affects the tone much though.