Why become a member? ×

Wayne's stuff *updated*

waynepunkdude

[quote name='Clarky' post='715701' date='Jan 17 2010, 02:48 PM']Nice one Wayne - glad you finally got your US Jazz! I had a HW1 Jazz at one point (ex Rayman), played really well with super-fast neck. Cool[/quote]

This one has an amazing neck, I've played it through my Minirig but haven't had a chance to stick it through the SVT, looking forward to that.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='715998' date='Jan 17 2010, 08:50 PM']I don't know TBH I'm really enjoying just playing it at the moment, I'm sure I'll get an aesthetic idea for it at some point that'll probably involve little squares.[/quote]

Wayne, I admit that I like the design of your other 'custom' basses, but from a very envious bass player - you don't need to do anything to this one. It's beautiful just as it is. [drool]

[quote name='jim_bass' post='724124' date='Jan 25 2010, 02:52 PM']Wayne, I admit that I like the design of your other 'custom' basses, but from a very envious bass player - you don't need to do anything to this one. It's beautiful just as it is. [drool][/quote]

I agree TBH it does look good, play really well too, gonna drop a J retro pre in there see how that works out.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='748244' date='Feb 17 2010, 11:43 AM']Seriously nice collection, what basses have been moved on and what do you still have?[/quote]

Erm off the top of my head.

Still have:
Fender HW1 Jazz
MIM Jazz with loads of mods
VMJ 75RI Clone
SX P Bass loads of mods and re-finned
Jap Squire re-finned
Stingray copy re-finned
Fretless P bass re-finned
Yamaha RBX
Encore punk bass
Ampeg SVT5 Pro
Ashdown ABM410
Ashdown MAG115
Korg DTR1000
DHA DI-EQ
Ashdown Perfect 10 Minirig

I think that is everything

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='715998' date='Jan 17 2010, 08:50 PM']I don't know TBH I'm really enjoying just playing it at the moment, I'm sure I'll get an aesthetic idea for it at some point that'll probably involve little squares.[/quote]

Most def. you should - I like your trademark.

Like I say about my Blueflower...
I'd rather the answer to the question 'What was last night's bass player like?' be 'some fat bastard with a flowery bass and red dice knobs' than 'can't remember'.

I don't think you or I were invented to blend in , Wayne !!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='748388' date='Feb 17 2010, 01:21 PM']Most def. you should - I like your trademark.

Like I say about my Blueflower...
I'd rather the answer to the question 'What was last night's bass player like?' be 'some fat bastard with a flowery bass and red dice knobs' than 'can't remember'.

I don't think you or I were invented to blend in , Wayne !![/quote]

Dave gets it.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='748407' date='Feb 17 2010, 01:36 PM']9 basses is NOT punk :)[/quote]

You think 10 is better?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe 11!

Question though Wayne. And please dont take this as criticism or insult as its not meant as such, but why so many basses that most people would consider 'low end' or 'entry level'?

Do you buy stuff with a project in mind? I think every bass except the Sub and Fender J has been hugely modded from what I see here. do you come up with an idea and go find a bass or do you buy a bass when you see one for a bargin price and then decide what to do with it?

[quote name='throwoff' post='760463' date='Mar 1 2010, 09:44 AM']Maybe 11!

Question though Wayne. And please dont take this as criticism or insult as its not meant as such, but why so many basses that most people would consider 'low end' or 'entry level'?

Do you buy stuff with a project in mind? I think every bass except the Sub and Fender J has been hugely modded from what I see here. do you come up with an idea and go find a bass or do you buy a bass when you see one for a bargin price and then decide what to do with it?[/quote]

I enjoy modding.

The honest answer is that I have ended up with most of them by accident, 2 of them I got for free and I paid less then £50 for 3 of them.

I wouldn't consider the Fenders, VMJ, MM, and SX as entry level and generally they are the ones I gig with.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='762029' date='Mar 2 2010, 06:52 PM']I enjoy modding.

The honest answer is that I have ended up with most of them by accident, 2 of them I got for free and I paid less then £50 for 3 of them.

I wouldn't consider the Fenders, VMJ, MM, and SX as entry level and generally they are the ones I gig with.[/quote]

Thats cool, so usually the bass comes before the idea then?
I only mod pretty subtly maybe P/up swap or on my P added the thumb rest and bridge cover.

And just did some reading on the SX, didnt realise they were held in such high regard, I saw one a few months back and wish I had plunged now!

and agree on the MM, Fenders and VMJ also!

cool stuff anyway, do you refin for other people?

[quote name='throwoff' post='762514' date='Mar 3 2010, 07:21 AM']Thats cool, so usually the bass comes before the idea then?
I only mod pretty subtly maybe P/up swap or on my P added the thumb rest and bridge cover.

And just did some reading on the SX, didnt realise they were held in such high regard, I saw one a few months back and wish I had plunged now!

and agree on the MM, Fenders and VMJ also!

cool stuff anyway, do you refin for other people?[/quote]

I would do it for other people but I never have.

Yeah the bass comes first then the idea, in fact I just bought a Peavey International for £36, I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it'll get the paint treatment.

SX's are great but there are different types, the best ones are the 21 fret versions.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='762549' date='Mar 3 2010, 09:22 AM']Yeah the bass comes first then the idea, in fact I just bought a Peavey International for £36, I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it'll get the paint treatment.[/quote]

Is this the ebay bass with no pics?
If so +1 for awesome