Why become a member? ×

light solvent/cleaner to remove gaffa tape residue off my bass?

riff raff

If there's still tape left stuck to it, heat it gently with a hairdryer to soften the glue & make it peel off easily. Glue residue comes off easily with acetone/nail varnish remover, which your wife/gf/sister/mum/transgender alter ego should have - but be very, very careful using this stuff on plastic, as some types can melt horribly. I destroyed the top of a pickup with one careless swipe of a cotton bud. Too bad I didn't have this to cheer me up:

[url="http://alembic.com/club/messages/393/67321.jpg"]http://alembic.com/club/messages/393/67321.jpg[/url]

:)

Jon.

[quote name='riff raff' post='546973' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:19 PM']nice one posting the alembic link...........

again and again and again and again....................for me that will never get old.[/quote]
Made you an avatar:

That'll cheer you up every time you log on. :)

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='547045' date='Jul 21 2009, 09:42 PM']Made you an avatar:

That'll cheer you up every time you log on. :)

J.[/quote]

Nice idea but you don't quite get the sense of scale in the same way as the original.

I would suggest downloading the full picture and framing a copy to place in an area easily seen when coming through the front door - that way you'll always come home in a good mood.

Not sure what the sub plot and back story on this thread are but anyone looking for stuicky stuff remover could try this:
[url="http://www.lakeland.co.uk/sticky-stuff-remover/F/product/8976?src=gpsol&sq=sticky%20stuff%20remover"]Lakland Sticky Stuff Remover[/url]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='547148' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:11 PM']Not Lakland but [i]Lakeland [/i]... close, but no cigar. :rolleyes:[/quote]

ha ha thought that might gain a little more attention ..
i dropped an e ... oooh Missus !

Whenever I see Lakland basses I think they must be made of plastic :)

[quote name='chris_b' post='546974' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:20 PM']Ordinary furniture polish would do it.[/quote]

+1, exactly what I'd try in the first instance. Perfectly safe too. I've never used it specifically for removing gaffa goo/residue but it's always removed every other sticky label residues from everything else I've ever tried it on, so I'd expect it to work just fine.

The only side effect will be a nice shiny bass when you're done :)