Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sadowsky Metro PJ 4

niceguyhomer

Superb bass in immaculate condition. Has the Vintage Tone Control / comes in a nice Sadowsky lightweight case in top condition etc etc. Extremely powerful, versatile bass thanks to the excellent Sadowsky preamp. Sounds great passive too - especially on the P pup soloed.

I thought I'd get along fine with four strings but sadly I can't and I'm much more comfortable on 5. I've seen a nice 5er I'd like so this is up for a quick cash sale at £900 firm. Would also consider trades for something Jazz like with 5 strings - I particularly like Sadowskys, Laklands and Sandbergs.. Because I've had some p!%% taking offers for trades on other basses in the past, I'd just like to politely point out that this bass would cost you about £1600 new so I'd be looking for something of similar value otherwise it's cash either way.

I'm not posting this so you'll have to come and get it or meet me halfway.

Pics

Photobucket is down at the minute so for pics in the meantime, have a look here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50008"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50008[/url]

Edited by niceguyhomer

Super [i]super[/i] stunning bass this, seriously. Me and Al have been through some tackle over the last few years, but I picked this bass up recently and after half a dozen notes I fell in love with it. I reckon this is one of the best basses Alan's had, by far.

Jump on it.

Just waiting to answer the torrent of PMs but this delay thingy where you have to wait between PMs is holding things up. At the moment, the bass is on hold (provisionally but not definitely sold) and there's a bit of a queue. I will answer all PMs when I can.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='540953' date='Jul 15 2009, 08:39 AM']Ooh.. pretty.
How heavy is it?
And... what do all of them knobs do?[/quote]

Sorry for the slow response Michael, I've had a few PMs to answer...ahem. It's about 9/10lbs according to my bathroom scales. The knobs are VOL - PAN - Vintage Tone Control (pull up for passive) and stacked treble / bass boost.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='541000' date='Jul 15 2009, 09:28 AM']And you get to see Preston, where the M6 is cobbled :)

It's about time you visited Russ and Alan, 2 new basses, both 4 stringers though.[/quote]

Just thinking the same Peter. I'll have a new one to show you too. We'll set it up in the next week or two.