Why become a member? ×

Feeler JV Precision from 1982

73Jazz

Hard times, so i am thinking about selling this beautiful bass out of my collection.

This is a Japanese JV (Japan Vintage) Squier modell from the end of 1982.
The remarkable quality in sound and handcraftship should be known and clear, not only from collectors of the JV basses.
My bass is the evidence of what those japanese guys had shown fender in the early 80`s:
[i]"Everybody came up to inspect them and the guys almost cried, because the Japanese product was so good -
it was what we were having a hell of a time trying to do."
[/i]Dan Smith, Director of Marketing, Electric Guitars, Fender USA.

i own 5 fender basses, the oldest one is from 1973. i know about fender basses very well and in my oppinion JV basses are among the best "fender" basses you can get out there!
This one has a beautiful one piece maple neck, straight like an arrow, you can really get a low action on this baby.
the sound is like a precision should sound and you know from many music you have listened to.
This modell is a 57 style precision, which was built 1:1 from the blueprints of USA.
- It is a 2 tone sunburst with
- white pickguard
- vintage style bridge
- vintage reverse tuners
- high quality SQP-2 Japanese pickups fitted as standard, with the two raised 'A string polepieces
There is one spot of bother, the guy i bought this bass from in 1986, did some little holes just above the bridge.
it is just an optical thing.i didn`t mind it, because the bass sounds fantastic, but if you do, a bridge cover will help to hide it.

If you need further information, pls contact me or have a look on 21frets.com, a JV Instruments fan page
I am open for your offers..

but enough said, let the pictures speak:

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='donhills' post='538763' date='Jul 12 2009, 07:13 PM']the guy is looking for £900[/quote]

yes this is what i told you in a, what i thought privat message.
i said exactly..JV basses are sold around 900 gbp.
no manners..
maybe you do not know the prices for a 82 JV. It is definitely more than this 350 bucks you offered

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='bigthumb' post='538767' date='Jul 12 2009, 07:17 PM']:)[/quote]

for example

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/1983-SQUIER-by-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-JV-SERIES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b088469QQitemZ120444191849QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/1983-SQUIER-by-FENDER-P...alenotsupported[/url]

or this one

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/80s-SQUIER-by-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-JV-SERIES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0af069f7QQitemZ120442612215QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/80s-SQUIER-by-FENDER-PR...alenotsupported[/url]

or that one:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/Squier-by-Fender-JV-Precision-Bass-Fiesta-Red-AHHH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem27a9e22121QQitemZ170353893665QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/Squier-by-Fender-JV-Pre...alenotsupported[/url]

enough???

Edited by 73Jazz

ahh..here is a 82 JV:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/1982-SQUIER-by-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-JV-SERIES-MINT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b250080QQitemZ120446058624QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/1982-SQUIER-by-FENDER-J...alenotsupported[/url]

if you get JV`s for 350..pls let me know..i will buy all of them

Edited by 73Jazz

maybe 900 is a bit on the high side for my experience of selling and buying instruments ( i have some.... ) , consider that most of the links you posted are from an ebay shop that is quite famous for having highest price on universe :)

a part of that , also here in Italy i would say a normal price for a 82 JV would be around 850 euros ( that can means around 750 gbp)

for sure i have to say 350 is very low for an 82 JV considering their request nowadays , maybe 350 is the right price for a later squier ( 86/87)

my 2 cents , anyway that's a great bass , i have a fiesta red same year...great great precision

[quote name='73Jazz' post='538768' date='Jul 12 2009, 08:19 PM']for example

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/1983-SQUIER-by-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-JV-SERIES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b088469QQitemZ120444191849QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/1983-SQUIER-by-FENDER-P...alenotsupported[/url]

or this one

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/80s-SQUIER-by-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-JV-SERIES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0af069f7QQitemZ120442612215QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/80s-SQUIER-by-FENDER-PR...alenotsupported[/url]

or that one:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/Squier-by-Fender-JV-Precision-Bass-Fiesta-Red-AHHH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem27a9e22121QQitemZ170353893665QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/Squier-by-Fender-JV-Pre...alenotsupported[/url]

enough???[/quote]

[quote name='73Jazz' post='538769' date='Jul 12 2009, 08:20 PM']ahh..here is a 82 JV:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.de/1982-SQUIER-by-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-JV-SERIES-MINT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1229Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b250080QQitemZ120446058624QQptZGitarrenQQsalenotsupported"]http://cgi.ebay.de/1982-SQUIER-by-FENDER-J...alenotsupported[/url]

if you get JV`s for 350..pls let me know..i will buy all of them[/quote]

First off, nice bass!

However, not wishing to cause a ruck but I think you'll find that 3 out of those 4 listings are for sale from someone who the basschat ebay police might call 'The Joker'... he regularly gives us all a laugh with his listing prices! :)

However the bass is still worth what someone will pay for it and it IS your prerogative to sell it for any price you like and no one can take that away from you. :lol:

<edit>

Why do I always take so long to type a reply that someone else beats me to it (Hiperi0n in this instance)? :rolleyes:

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='73Jazz' post='538765' date='Jul 12 2009, 08:15 PM']yes this is what i told you in a, what i thought privat message.
i said exactly..JV basses are sold around 900 gbp.
no manners..
maybe you do not know the prices for a 82 JV. It is definitely more than this 350 bucks you offered[/quote]

Sorry - no offense intended

however..i just see JV around 1000 Euro from 880 euros to 1200 i think this is what nowadays is a realistic price..i will not sell for less
if you ever have the possibily to find one below that..take this chance..you will not find one again and these isntruments are elite

this posts are googled in 1 minute..just to show that 900 isn`t unrealistic
please if you find something show me below that price 880 Euro

it is not my intention to justify anything..if the price is too much..just leave my bass and take another one, which is cheaper

Edited by 73Jazz

JV's are becoming very, very collectable. I borrowed one when I moved to Norway, and was subsequently given it by the very kind owner. After reading up on them a bit it appears that Fender shipped loads of bits out to Japan for assembly when the Squier range started, so the JV series were essentially Fenders put together by people who could put them together properly. I think the people buying them are asking themselves how much they'd pay for an '82 Fender without the worry about their dubious quality controll.

Last year I nearly sold mine to [b]OldGit[/b]. We didn't get as far as talking money as it's a hell of a lot better bass than my other (CY) Squier and I decided to keep it as the backup bass, but then the market was about £450. I saw one go for £650 in December and one went for Kr 8000,- recently over here (about £800), so £900 appears to be pretty consistent with the trend.

Good luck with the sale mate, I don't think you'll have much trouble getting 900 notes for it at all. :)

[quote name='SteveO' post='538819' date='Jul 12 2009, 08:19 PM']JV's are becoming very, very collectable. I borrowed one when I moved to Norway, and was subsequently given it by the very kind owner. After reading up on them a bit it appears that Fender shipped loads of bits out to Japan for assembly when the Squier range started, so the JV series were essentially Fenders put together by people who could put them together properly. I think the people buying them are asking themselves how much they'd pay for an '82 Fender without the worry about their dubious quality controll.

Last year I nearly sold mine to [b]OldGit[/b]. We didn't get as far as talking money as it's a hell of a lot better bass than my other (CY) Squier and I decided to keep it as the backup bass, but then the market was about £450. I saw one go for £650 in December and one went for Kr 8000,- recently over here (about £800), so £900 appears to be pretty consistent with the trend.

Good luck with the sale mate, I don't think you'll have much trouble getting 900 notes for it at all. :)[/quote]

Thanks SteveO, you seem to be the only one who knows about those basses..the other ones please collect agathis squiers crafted in corea

Guest BassKS

Herr 73Jazz, you might want to lower your tone as this is only a forum and good people try to help others by contributing to the thread. As for BCers not knowing prices of your JV, a fair few examples have gone in this forum for less than 900 and Im sure of that. 80s were not the best years of Fender factory what with their move and everything a lot of funny stuff came out of their factory (Fender Bass - Illustrated history says so). So comparing JV with a Fender contemporary counterpart might not be a good idea. Oh yeah, One of those MIA P BAsses from 80s sold here for 250. Beedster had it briefly.

Once again, there really is no need to assume a superior stance in a forum that youre trying to make a sale as you wont be doing yourself any favours.

Best of luck with the sale.

[quote name='73Jazz' post='538833' date='Jul 12 2009, 09:33 PM']Thanks SteveO, you seem to be the only one who knows about those basses..the other ones please collect agathis squiers crafted in corea[/quote]

A slightly condescending tone to take on a 'bass' forum, don't you think? :)

First of all, it's a lovely bass, no question.

Being realistic, on UK Ebay I would expect a later and more common JV Squier (with the large Squier logo, like this one) to sell for between £500 & £600, competitive Ebay madness might push it up to 7 but that would be quite unusual. Realistically it is the seller's prerogative to ask whatever he wishes so this is in no way a criticism, just an observation.

I recently sold my SQ Precision to a German BC member, he was happy to pay my asking price because of the exchange rate favouring the Euro, to be honest I was expecting to have to sell it for somewhat less.

I think 73Jazz needs to appreciate that this works both ways - and I strongly doubt that a UK buyer will be willing to pay £900 for his JV.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='538926' date='Jul 12 2009, 09:40 PM']First of all, it's a lovely bass, no question.

Being realistic, on UK Ebay I would expect a later and more common JV Squier (with the large Squier logo, like this one) to sell for between £500 & £600, competitive Ebay madness might push it up to 7 but that would be quite unusual. Realistically it is the seller's prerogative to ask whatever he wishes so this is in no way a criticism, just an observation.

I recently sold my SQ Precision to a German BC member, he was happy to pay my asking price because of the exchange rate favouring the Euro, to be honest I was expecting to have to sell it for somewhat less.

I think 73Jazz needs to appreciate that this works both ways - and I strongly doubt that a UK buyer will be willing to pay £900 for his JV.

Jon.[/quote]

Okay, if so..thanks i have felt enough with my feeler.
but i know it is not.bye and thanks for your great knowledge, you let me take part of

i have forgotten to quote my friend donhills:
Sorry - no offense intended

Edited by 73Jazz

Calm down everyone.
Take the price in euros, a year ago that wouldn't have been an astronomical price. With the pound falling the seller has taken the possible Euro value and converted it to pounds, he's not realised that in GBP that seems very very high.

I bought a JV squier '57 off basschat earlier this year (off stevie i think) and it is one of the most amazing instuments I have ever played. It was worth the money I paid for it. Its got non original pups (but is a JV0xxxxx serial so has the Fender logo/squier series)
Who knows if what I paid was the 'right' price, I could afford it and that is waht the seller wanted. I think we were both happy- and that is the good thing about basschat, its not about 'business', none of us are shops who *have* to charge the 'right' price.
rant over.

[quote name='donhills' post='539177' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:48 AM']The seller sent me this pm:-

du bist echt ne total arme wurst junge..unhöflich und dumm..wenn ich das hätte publik machen wollen , hätte ichd as getan du vollhonk

Anyone speak German and able to translate this?[/quote]

babelfish.yahoo.com says

"you are genuinly ne totally poor sausage young. .unhöflich and stupidly. .wenn I that to make would have wanted public, ichd as would have done you fully honk "

thats you told then :)

Guys..do me a favour and read carefully what i have written.
i sum it up..i said JV are sold around 900 GBP. I said i will not sell the bass under 880 Euros, which will be 760 GBP.
So dont be too excited to catch something which is not existing..i didn`t wrote in any of my posts that i want 900 GBP for the bass..right?:)
but it doesnt matter anymore..i will not sell the bass to people like you.
You definitely have no behaviour and even if a moderator tells you to not discuss any price public..you do not stop..this is not polite and shows your style..which i do not like

farewell guys

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='Spartacus' post='539181' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:53 AM']babelfish.yahoo.com says

"you are genuinly ne totally poor sausage young. .unhöflich and stupidly. .wenn I that to make would have wanted public, ichd as would have done you fully honk "

thats you told then :)[/quote]

yes it means you are an inpolite idiot whith no manners, if want to discuss my price public, i would have done it without you making any private message public

BTW
This is my second negative experience with basschat.co.uk
I do not understand why people are so inpolite and intrigant like you are, maybe because i do not live in the uk, maybe not, maybe it is my person..i do not know, but i will take the consequence out of this and say goodbye to those who were not that bad here..

Edited by 73Jazz