Why become a member? ×

The "Dream" Dep gig...

Mikey D

Acutally to be honest, if they were playing the early stuff, that would be a dream gig, when I was starting to learn I learnt every single song of the first two albums, Stuart plays some of my favourite lines ever. I'm never sure whether it was him (as I heard jk sang a lot of lines to him) or just the fact that they have changed their direction so much, but to me, the first two albums are the ones, the third I can live with the rest....not bothered at all.

I'd only accept the Herbie gig if he played vocoder the whole set.

[quote name='Mikey D' post='55952' date='Sep 5 2007, 02:13 PM']Acutally to be honest, if they were playing the early stuff, that would be a dream gig, when I was starting to learn I learnt every single song of the first two albums, Stuart plays some of my favourite lines ever. I'm never sure whether it was him (as I heard jk sang a lot of lines to him) or just the fact that they have changed their direction so much, but to me, the first two albums are the ones, the third I can live with the rest....not bothered at all.

I'd only accept the Herbie gig if he played vocoder the whole set.[/quote]

Have to agree whole heartedley.

1st and the 3rd albums for me, alhtough there are some nice parts on 2nd. My understanding is that JK would turn up and sing the melody, and the band would improvise around him, hence why Stu Zender left (couldn't agree who wrote the songs).

The fourth Album is mostly keyboard and Synth bass, a lot of the parts were written and recorded before Nick Fyffe even joined the band. This is really geeky of me but I only know it because I was flicking through some old Bass Player magazines last week and read an interview with Nick Fyffe.

Chicago..... just to get to play all those cool old Peter Cetera basslines.... with the horn section! I couldn't manage to sing his amazing vocals AND play at the same time though!

The Doobie Brothers.... to relive the classic Tiran Porter basslines & good-time harmony vocals!

KISS.... to experience being part of the whole stageshow...and the 'encores' back at the hotel afterwards... :) :huh:

When Mr Mercury was still with us, it was definitely Queen. I learnt the whole of Queen 'Wembley 86' when I was young. Start to finish, bum notes included!

Still have a soft spot for John's awesome bass lines.

Bjork.

And then she would marry me.

And we would live together in Bjork Towers.

I'd fly her to gigs in Bjork Force One.

And she'd say, "Don't worry sleepy, I'm playing this gig with only a Cistercian harpsichord and a Bolivian nose-flute and the dirtiest synth you've ever seen. You can just juggle on stage."

And then we would be together forever.

That is my dream.