Why become a member? ×

My Fender Family

Raggy

[attachment=28064:28Jun2009_1011.jpg]

As the sun was out!!.

L-R

Aerodyne Jazz, loaded with a SD Quarter Pounder up front.

Squier Jazz (Japan, 83ish, up for sale soon), pickups are some really old EMG Selects. Had this from new but don't seem to gig it now.

Franken P Fretless, Kay? bass body, the neck came from a fellow BCer, another old EMG Select. For home noodling only atm.

Japan 70's Re-issue P Bass, overwound Wizard Thumper, black hardware. My main squeeze.

my favoutires the aerodyne. you can't beat those metallic grey aerodynes for looks (except maybe a white aerodyne). obviously the white and black precision is just a classic, and that squier jazz is really nice, too.

Interesting to see you have a Wizard Thumper on your re-issue P bass.
I'm just looking at their stuff for my Jazz. (A couple of Hammers maybe, or possibly the 84's. Not sure yet).
How you getting on with yours?

Cheers,
Steve

Interesting, a SD replacement for the front pup of the Aerodyne is a tad unusual, most people (myself included) think the standard p-pup in it is quite alright, but vastly overpowers the j-pup in the arse end. Normally it's the J up for replacement.

[quote name='Buzz' post='531250' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:40 PM']Interesting, a SD replacement for the front pup of the Aerodyne is a tad unusual, most people (myself included) think the standard p-pup in it is quite alright, but vastly overpowers the j-pup in the arse end. Normally it's the J up for replacement.[/quote]

Usually the case, agreed, but the previous owner had put a hotter jazz pup in (not sure what it is) so I needed more out of the p-pup! :)

Is the Jap Squier Jazz an actual 1983? If you can get a fairly exact date (to the year), I might be interested when you sell it....pending a price obviously :)
PM me if you like!

Cheers dude
Si

Edited by Sibob