Why become a member? ×

New Spalted Maple Sei Jazz - Pics + Vid (with good sound)

urb

Hey BCers

Just wanted to start a fresh thread for my new Sei Jazz - I'm going to take some better pics soon but I made a video and used Logic to record the audio properly - I've added an MP3 version of the clip as well - anyway she's a beauty full review coming soon as well - enjoy.

[url="http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=116535"]Audio clip version here[/url]

Here's the spec again:

4 string
24 fret maple neck - bolt on.
Birdseye maple fingerboard
Ash body
Absolutely stunning American spalted maple top
Ramp with top wood on it
Red LEDs along top side of finger board.
Abalone markers on the board
Black hardware
Bridge TBC
Electronics - Glokenklang
J bass Pickups - Nordstrand NSJ4
Hipshot D-tuner
Full spalted maple facing on the headstock with Sei Bass 'curve' design.
Flamed Bubinga Ramp

Cheers

Mike

Oh!!! Its you!!! Crazy four-finger-right-hand-technique guy! :) I want you to be my bass tutor. I'm still struggling to break out of the Billy Sheehan thing, but I got the double thumb down. Equipment wise I use d'addario strings, so we're halfway there ay? :lol: . Thats a lurrrvelly bass, really like the neck and headstock. Your other singlecut sei was pretty darn suave too! Whats your day job? lol :rolleyes: Do you play any gigs across in Cardiff???

[quote name='Stingray5' post='519407' date='Jun 20 2009, 04:12 PM']That's one seriously good looking and sounding bass.
Good clip too, showing nice tones for finger and slap styles.
Tasty! :)

Cheers,
Steve[/quote]

+1

Great bass and very impressive & enjoyable clip, thanks!

[quote name='Machines' post='519553' date='Jun 20 2009, 08:15 PM']Love that tone, was it DI'd ?[/quote]

Thanks guys, yes the bass was DI'd via my Mackie soundcard, and for what it's worth this is its very first recording too, glad you dug the tone I'm so chuffed to finally get this kind of classic slap tone. Thanks for all the positive comments, it really is a great, great bass.

Cheers

Mike

• 4 months later...