Why become a member? ×

Recomend me some RHCP songs to learn please :D

Jobiebass

Afternoon,
Probably needless to say im a RHCP Fan,

Im terrible at slap but trying to find some songs I know which would be easyish to learn by RHCP + good songs without slap.

I can Play,
califonication,
Dani California,
Soul to Squeeze (my fav song to play)
Naked in the rain (slap, but cant do the bass solo)
Coffee shop (slapped really badly)
RHCP version of Higher Ground (badly)
Edit: Aeroplane, (not too bad)
probably 5-10 bits of other songs too, plus odd few other songs which I either gave up on or were pretty plain like "snow". Once tried learning hump de bump when it just came out, which I may have to have another look at as I liked the bass part.

Anyone got any recomendations??

Thanks
Jobie

Edited by Jobiebass

[quote name='Wildy' post='508425' date='Jun 8 2009, 06:35 PM']Around the World is a great song and the bassline is fairly easy but damn good all the same. I sometimes muck up with the timing of the hammerons at the start, but apart from that it's fine.[/quote]

That was my problem with the song so i gave up on it, very similer hammer ons in the solo of Naked in the rain too.

[quote]That was my problem with the song so i gave up on it, very similer hammer ons in the solo of Naked in the rain too.[/quote]

It's the extra 2-4 on the first one that throws me, but I find that if you don't pulloff then somehow I can play it D: I always find chilis refreshing to play because the basslines are original and change throughout the song (although it makes it an arse to learn in a hurry)

Edited by Wildy

[quote name='arabassist' post='508572' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:16 PM']i love playing 'If'

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGETQgHBxD8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGETQgHBxD8[/url][/quote]

Thats well sick!!
id be pushed to learn that though I think.

[quote name='arabassist' post='508596' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:35 PM']i thought that too. but its very similar to pretty little ditty. you just need to practice the plucking rhythm and ur sorted - the chord patterns are easy to learn and sound lovely! i started by playing very slow and speeding up once i got the jist of it.[/quote]

Im doing that with pretty little ditty, but im useless at chords, my fretting hand doesnt like it, plucking hand is orate tho, tried it 2 fingers, 3 and 1, finda use a mix between them all now depending on which bit.

it used to be a bitch for me. but playing songs like if, hard to concentrate (and a couple of metallica stuff like 'my friend of misery') helped me get the whole bass chord crap...once after getting bored of plucking arpeggios i just strummed like a g-tardist and made one go "hmm....interesting..."