Why become a member? ×

Status Stingray

cd_david

Hello

I bought this off Doctor of the Bass, Nick, Who bought it off Crazykiwi. Its been in this section when i got it but i have put in an East MM 2 band circuit and had it sprayed black by the GENIUS that is Dave Wilson.

It is the best finish i have ever seen in my life, its like a mirror and to consider there were ferrules on the back and a side mounted jack and there is no trace
what so ever.

Hope you like it

Before

AFTER! :)

Wahey!!!

That looks great! The original finish was superb but there's something about black! I bought it off of Tombboy who I think bought it off Kiwi! The Cutlass basses had Modulus necks - Status did however produce necks for the Namm 100th anniversary basses as noted. I've just taken delivery of my `Ernie Ball' endorsement bass, a four string unlined fretless StingRay with a very tasty ash body (3-tone sunburst, black plate) which looks very similar to Pino's famous fretless! Problem is it has turned up 3 months early....! (still have to pay for it even with the endorsement!). Will try and get some pics up soon! My Dad saw and played it today and insists its the `best looking and sounding bass you've [I've!] ever had!

Chears!

Nick

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='507275' date='Jun 6 2009, 10:26 PM']Wahey!!!

That looks great! The original finish was superb but there's something about black! I bought it off of Tombboy who I think bought it off Kiwi! The Cutlass basses had Modulus necks - Status did however produce necks for the Namm 100th anniversary basses as noted. I've just taken delivery of my `Ernie Ball' endorsement bass, a four string unlined fretless StingRay with a very tasty ash body (3-tone sunburst, black plate) which looks very similar to Pino's famous fretless! Problem is it has turned up 3 months early....! (still have to pay for it even with the endorsement!). Will try and get some pics up soon! My Dad saw and played it today and insists its the `best looking and sounding bass you've [I've!] ever had!

Chears!

Nick[/quote]

Alright Nick,

Cheers for the compliments, yeah im not a huge fan of black but there was something about this that said black to me and if a bass ever suited a colour its deffinatley this one, Im sooooooo pleased with it. :) Get some pics up of the new one mate how many is that now?

Cheers
Dave