Why become a member? ×

Now on the 'bay.. '73 Precision...

wateroftyne

Hi all

A combination of too much sun, boredom, not enough gigs, and a big hole in my heart where my '73 Jazz used to be have given my the crazy idea of offering my maple '73P for trade.

It's a great bass.. changed bits are:

Pickup is original but was DOA... Mr. Wizard rewound it. Neck (but not the headstock face) had been lacquered in something yellowy by some bright spark - Dave Wilson (Overwater & Stefan Sobell genius) restored it with the correct laquer. Neck back & front is now paler than the headstock face, as it should be. Comes with generic hard case - ashtrays are repros.

Umm.. that's it. It's a great bass - just as good as my '72, and it's 50/50 which one I pull out for a gig. It's a lovely 8.5lbs.. and it sounds exactly like you would hope:

[url="http://www.jollybeggars.co.uk/bass/"]You can see more on this page[/url] - it's the one at the top. These pics were taken before the neck was restored to it's former glory. This is what it looks like now:

I'd only be interested in some sort of trade involving a Jazz... preferably of similar era, but.. let's talk.

[quote name='cd_david' post='502213' date='May 31 2009, 12:32 PM']Hi Michael

What about a REAL 75?

Might be persuaded to part with it :)

Dave[/quote]

Oh my that Jazz is lovely and would be a perfect partner for my '73 Precision!

[quote name='Beedster' post='502535' date='May 31 2009, 08:33 PM']Crikey, WoT letting a vintage Precision go? Suddenly the World seems different; things I'd taken for granted no longer hold true, a new order etc etc. This is kinda like Dylan going electric :)[/quote]

or Warwickhunt selling all his Warwicks :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beedster' post='502535' date='May 31 2009, 08:33 PM']Crikey, WoT letting a vintage Precision go? Suddenly the World seems different; things I'd taken for granted no longer hold true, a new order etc etc. This is kinda like Dylan going electric :)[/quote]

Micheal too has realised you can't beat a good Jazz Bass :rolleyes:

[quote name='josh3184' post='502582' date='May 31 2009, 09:27 PM']or Warwickhunt selling all his Warwicks :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote name='Marcus' post='502604' date='May 31 2009, 09:46 PM']Micheal too has realised you can't beat a good Jazz Bass :lol:[/quote]

Actually Michael is considering getting this from me...

You can just see it can't you? :D

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='502694' date='May 31 2009, 11:32 PM']I told you... WaterofTyne's new bass! :)

He's gone all Warwick and decided he wants a Dolphin. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Phwoooooar! Whats something like that worth? Not that your selling I do understand!

[quote name='Jesso' post='502716' date='Jun 1 2009, 12:50 AM']Phwoooooar! Whats something like that worth? Not that your selling I do understand![/quote]

As it's bumping a very worrying thread I'll respond. :rolleyes:

I actually sold that Dolphin last year to Canada. :)

[quote name='Marcus' post='502604' date='May 31 2009, 09:46 PM']Micheal too has realised you can't beat a good Jazz Bass :)[/quote]
Don't get too excited, sonny Jim.

IF - and it's a big if - I do get a J, I'll do what I always do with em...

...run the neck pup solo'd and grumble to myself that it doesn't sound enough like a P. :rolleyes:

LOL..... yeah can see that one coming !!!

But can you imagine a Jazz strung up with rounds snarling and biting through those Bergs !!

Lush !

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='502751' date='Jun 1 2009, 08:21 AM']Don't get too excited, sonny Jim.

IF - and it's a big if - I do get a J, I'll do what I always do with em...

...run the neck pup solo'd and grumble to myself that it doesn't sound enough like a P. :)[/quote]

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='510862' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:38 AM'][url="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVgtU19"][/url]

what about this? factory special run just 1000 produced...Made in Usa obviously[/quote]
Very nice!

I'm not keen on an International trade at the moment though. Thanks anyway!