Why become a member? ×

Now on the 'bay.. '73 Precision...

wateroftyne

I had only been on Bass Chat a few days when WOTs 73 Jazz came up. It is a massive regret I didn't follow my heart at the time and buyt it :) .

Sorry to rub it in WOT, but definately the best bass my eyes have seen on BC or anywhere else for that matter.

To add insult to injury Im off to see Neil Young tonight :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest, how much is this bass worth? Ive been looking at a very similar 73 P bass that I'm considering buying. Identical but with a rosewood fretboard. The price is starting at €3000. Is that a bit steep?

Jesse

[quote name='Jesso' post='530718' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:27 PM']Just out of interest, how much is this bass worth? Ive been looking at a very similar 73 P bass that I'm considering buying. Identical but with a rosewood fretboard. The price is starting at €3000. Is that a bit steep?

Jesse[/quote]

Anyone?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='531139' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:55 PM']£2500 is pretty high, IMO.[/quote]

How about £2100? Still high? (€2500). I should be able to barter down to that. I might add that I'm looking at this bass in a shop, not a private individual, so I would expect the price to be a bit high....

[quote name='Jesso' post='531155' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:09 PM']How about £2100? Still high? (€2500). I should be able to barter down to that. I might add that I'm looking at this bass in a shop, not a private individual, so I would expect the price to be a bit high....[/quote]

I think so... even for a shop sale. I'd be thinking £1700 tops, but maybe I'm out of touch?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='502678' date='May 31 2009, 11:05 PM']Actually Michael is considering getting this from me...

You can just see it can't you? :)[/quote]

That looks like my old one. Went to the guy from 100 Reasons via the Gallery then I think appeared on ebay again. Is it a '91? I can't remember the serial number. By far the best of the 2 Dolphin Pro 1s I've had (the 2nd was a '96).

[quote name='4000' post='531193' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:39 PM']That looks like my old one. Went to the guy from 100 Reasons via the Gallery then I think appeared on ebay again. Is it a '91? I can't remember the serial number. By far the best of the 2 Dolphin Pro 1s I've had (the 2nd was a '96).[/quote]

Hope this isn't hi-jacking! You get a free bump I suppose. :rolleyes:

I doubt that it is your bass (though it is a 91), as I bought it about 15 years ago and kept it till it was sold to Canada last year. :)

[quote name='Jesso' post='531155' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:09 PM']How about £2100? Still high? (€2500). I should be able to barter down to that. I might add that I'm looking at this bass in a shop, not a private individual, so I would expect the price to be a bit high....[/quote]

Hey Jesso,

Just out of curiosity, which shop is it? I spent some time in Dublin aroun 2006/7, and the only shop I can think of that might stock something like this is that shop that faces onto the Liffey, from the north side, just around the corner from O'Connell St. If it's there, then I can guarantee that the price is way too high.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='531361' date='Jul 3 2009, 08:16 AM']Hey Jesso,

Just out of curiosity, which shop is it? I spent some time in Dublin aroun 2006/7, and the only shop I can think of that might stock something like this is that shop that faces onto the Liffey, from the north side, just around the corner from O'Connell St. If it's there, then I can guarantee that the price is way too high.[/quote]

Hey, no its actually a new shop out in Ballymount industrial estate. Really cool shop and very nice staff. Some great gear in there.
www.jimismusicstore.ie

The bass I was looking at (I'm just looking, I don't think I can afford it right now!) is at the end of all the vintage guitars section.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='531344' date='Jul 3 2009, 07:24 AM']Hope this isn't hi-jacking! You get a free bump I suppose. :rolleyes:

I doubt that it is your bass (though it is a 91), as I bought it about 15 years ago and kept it till it was sold to Canada last year. :)[/quote]

Bizarre. Even the figuring and wear looks the same ( now back to the thread!)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='541275' date='Jul 15 2009, 01:31 PM']Bump..[/quote]

Wow... I didnt spot this thread... my gawwwd that P bass sounds like and looks..... I can't even print my thoughts!! Absolutely beautiful! love it love it!

• 2 weeks later...