Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro UV70 (special)

Marcus

Guys,

I've spent the last decade swapping and changing instruments about and playing in Bands.

It's time for a break...... i'm 40 in Sept 2010 and my Beautiful wife has offered to get me a Bass of my choice made (see seperate thread) so i'm going to take a some time off from playing and generally being consumed by all things Bass related. I really need to focus on my fitness, general health and career over the next 12 - 18 months to ensure that life can begin again at 40 !!

The great news for you guys is that i'm selling the Best Jazz Bass i've ever owned (and i've had a serious amount)

It's a Sadowsky UV70 Natural Ash Maple white block & Bound (I've recently had the neck lacquered by master finisher Dave Wilson (he finished Stephan Sobel's £20k accoustics. The neck was sprayed in a special formula that is very similar to what PRS used on his, it feels like no other glossy neck i've ever played..... it's just AMAZING !!

I was in Guitar Guitar (Newcastle) the day they had 20 or so Sadowsky basses delivered, I helped Steve unpack them and picked out 2 instruments that were (IMHO) the pick of the crop (This UV and an RS4 in Sunburst)

CHRISDABASS was after a Sadowsky at the time and I told him about this UV (I had mixed feelings about telling him to be honest because I wanted it so badly - But he's a great lad so I did) :) I raved about the Bass to Chris and it took him about 5 mins to decide on buying it !

Wind forward a wee while...... I ended up purchasing the Burst RS4, By this time Chris had really got into his NYC small body..... to cut a long storey Chris and I did a deal and I ended up with the UV70.....

We all know the price of these Metro's now and their Quality - I can say with some authority this Metro is a total belter.... dare I say it as good as any, and Better than mamy NYC's, it's unbelievably light for a full size Jazz bass and the build, fit and finish is outstanding.

The work Dave did to the Bass added hugely (IMHO) to the playability and overal feel of quality about the Bass. In addition to finishing the neck, he dressed the frets and polished them to a mirror finish. Not only did he finish the neck but also the fretboard which looks amazing ! the pearl blocks simply jump out now.

I'll get some pics up in a bit...... not sure if my camera work is good enough to do the bass justice, but just to say that the bass isn't the anemic looking Natural Ash that you see it's got a real vintage hew to the colouring and the neck is a perfect shade match to the body.....

Action wise...... it goes LOW !!! and plays super clean, it's in the Status Graphite league of playability

I'd love anyone to come and try it....... you'll not be disappointed !

Just THE best Jazz bass i've ever played !!

Basic pic for now....... better ones to follow

Price £1300 collected from Sunderland (I also travel a fair bit with work so delivery / meet half way always a possibility)

Aguilar DB750 and pre Fender SWR cabs also for Sale

ATB

Mark

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='501813' date='May 30 2009, 06:11 PM']That certainly IS a MLC Mark!

You're right you need to look after yourself. All the best with your plans. Does the Sad have VTC?

Peter[/quote]

Hi Peter...... Yes it does have the VTC, which was an optional extra at the time but is now included in all UV's

ATB

Mark

[quote name='MB1' post='501842' date='May 30 2009, 06:58 PM']MB1. :)
......."I Dont Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve it!".....
No Pics? Mark! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Pics will follow...... think I've got one with the rig somewhere but it's not a great one

Let me see.....

ATB

Mark

Pic added..... Better ones tomorrow if it's not sold (NB bass looks a little washed out in the pic, it's a bit darker in real life - crap camera)

please note, lots of early interest in the Bass

[quote name='Marcus' post='501924' date='May 30 2009, 09:37 PM']3 Sadowsky basses is too much for one young lad to handle...... you'd most likely explode or something !! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Im not that young! Im nearly 28! .............maybe i could handle it! hahaha

Good luck with the sale (it wont take long)

:)

Hi Guys,

some firm interest in the UV70 -

First dibs requested and granted to an old friend on here...... TBC Monday

I'd expect a conclusion pretty soon one way or another

If anyone wants me today i'm out and about in the sunshine (hopefully) looking at a new motor for the Dragon !!

Mob is 07818 044187

• 5 weeks later...