Why become a member? ×

T C Electronics Rebelhead 450

wayne58

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='501529' date='May 30 2009, 12:05 PM']There's a review in this month's Bass Guitar Magazine Cameron - looks good. :)[/quote]

Yes I've read that Al thanks, I'm just wondering if anyone has pulled the trigger on one yet and gigged it.

[quote name='wayne58' post='501574' date='May 30 2009, 01:12 PM']Yes I've read that Al thanks, I'm just wondering if anyone has pulled the trigger on one yet and gigged it.[/quote]

Gigged it? Now there's the interesting part...

Hyped up ENC if you ask me...

[quote name='wayne58' post='501574' date='May 30 2009, 01:12 PM']Yes I've read that Al thanks, I'm just wondering if anyone has pulled the trigger on one yet and gigged it.[/quote]

Whynot was due to get one recently and was about to take it to either a gig or band practice - can't remember which. He might pick up on this thread later....

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='501587' date='May 30 2009, 01:24 PM']Gigged it? Now there's the interesting part...

Hyped up ENC if you ask me...[/quote]

Pardon my ignorance EBS but what exactly is ENC?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='501599' date='May 30 2009, 01:37 PM']Looks interesting...but the price tag put me off it.

A lot of features, but the LM3 dragged me in instead![/quote]

Yes, I am undecided and may go for the LM3 or Genz shuttle, The built in tuner/multi band comp/ presets and footswitch
got me interested in the TC.

[quote name='wayne58' post='501620' date='May 30 2009, 02:02 PM']Yes, I am undecided and may go for the LM3 or Genz shuttle, The built in tuner/multi band comp/ presets and footswitch
got me interested in the TC.[/quote]

That was the thing with it...a lot of features, but the price is quite high.

I know 50W means nothing, but a LM3 gives that extra 50W, plus Im pretty happy with Markbass reliability...not that I have any reason to doubt TC. Im not into presets, and I wouldnt use the pedal. I like the idea of having a good consistent sound and just making minor changes...but thats me! Some people like to be able to change with fswitches etc.

I like using a Boss tuner, just works for me being on the floor.

No doubt this TC head is really good though. Only gripe was that the overdriven tube sound was like a cheap distortion pedal...but that might have been the video.

Test the Shuttle/LM3! Great stuff!

[quote name='wayne58' post='501615' date='May 30 2009, 01:56 PM']Pardon my ignorance EBS but what exactly is ENC?[/quote]

ENC? Check here - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Clothes"]Link[/url] (Danish too!)

Edited by EBS_freak

Yep took the plunge and got one along with a 2 x 10 and 2 x 12 cab. Done a couple of gigs and a number of rehearsal and so far so FAB! Worth getting the foot controller as well IMHO. Still tweaking the sounds but I'm well pleased. Light weight and a doddle to use. Here's a pic.

[attachment=26224:TC_Rig.jpg]

Oh yes the 2 x 12 is bigger front to back but they have the same width as the 2 x 10 so that they stack neatly together.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='501779' date='May 30 2009, 05:22 PM']Are those two different drivers in each cab? Especially in the 2x10.[/quote]

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='501763' date='May 30 2009, 04:49 PM']Yep took the plunge and got one along with a 2 x 10 and 2 x 12 cab. Done a couple of gigs and a number of rehearsal and so far so FAB! Worth getting the foot controller as well IMHO. Still tweaking the sounds but I'm well pleased. Light weight and a doddle to use. Here's a pic.

[attachment=26224:TC_Rig.jpg][/quote]

Cheers for the feedback.....nice rig

[quote name='Platypus' post='501606' date='May 30 2009, 01:46 PM']Whynot was due to get one recently and was about to take it to either a gig or band practice - can't remember which. He might pick up on this thread later....[/quote]
Yes, bought one last sunday on the way to a gig. Got an ok deal from Bonners plus free footswitch (to follow).
Used on 3 gigs so far with 3 different cabs (15, 2x12, 4x10) and very happy with it.
I mainly do corporate/wedding gigs and this head is ideal for my situation. As close as you can get to plug a play, courtesy of the on-board tuner and presets.
A compressor is important to me and this must be one of the best I've found within an amp.
I did a corporate up in Manchester conference centre last night. Had a surprised thumbs up for FOH bass sound within seconds.
Will probably get round to commenting on the sound once I've played with it a little more, but like any amp, try before buying if possible.

[quote name='Platypus' post='501606' date='May 30 2009, 01:46 PM']Whynot was due to get one recently and was about to take it to either a gig or band practice - can't remember which. He might pick up on this thread later....[/quote]

Cheers Paul

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='501715' date='May 30 2009, 03:51 PM']ENC? Check here - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Clothes"]Link[/url] (Danish too!)[/quote]

Aaaaaah exactly, hence the gig question.
I'm just narrowing down a few options before I decide.
Cheers

[quote name='whynot' post='502263' date='May 31 2009, 01:47 PM']Yes, bought one last sunday on the way to a gig. Got an ok deal from Bonners plus free footswitch (to follow).
Used on 3 gigs so far with 3 different cabs (15, 2x12, 4x10) and very happy with it.
I mainly do corporate/wedding gigs and this head is ideal for my situation. As close as you can get to plug a play, courtesy of the on-board tuner and presets.
A compressor is important to me and this must be one of the best I've found within an amp.
I did a corporate up in Manchester conference centre last night. Had a surprised thumbs up for FOH bass sound within seconds.
Will probably get round to commenting on the sound once I've played with it a little more, but like any amp, try before buying if possible.[/quote]

Thanks very much for the info, please let us know.....Yes I like the idea of the compressor and thought it might be ok quality wise.
I have an Eden WT 550 and even though it hasn't let me down I may retire it and use it as a back up.

Its a great looking rig.

I currently angle an Epi 310 with one of those Mark Bass wedgies and that works great, but it would be fab to have that 2x10 almost at ear level. I'd be interested to know what the top end is like out of the cabs - e.g. is there enough zing for slap?