Why become a member? ×

FS: Warwick Pro 411, Peavey Mark III

Tech

i will miss this setup; very loud, very punchy, handles both the low B and the high C very well, incredibly reliable (has seen me through everything from weddings to small festivals to pubs and clubs) playing in everything from loud jazz trios, to heavy metal, to a 7-piece soul band - and I kid you not - has *never* given me any reason to doubt it.

this is a 600 watt cab RMS @ 8 Ohms. speakon and jack inputs plus an attenuator for the horn.

[attachment=26184:IMG_0882.JPG]

oh and the jack plate on the back of the cab was mounted upside down from factory for some reason that I don't think I will ever know.

EDIT: see top of page 2 for details of the peavey head! both for £210 collected from swansea.
mat.

Edited by Tech

Tech, did you buy the head from Mr Pablo?

If so, a few things to note, coz it was mine before that!

It's a Trace AH300-12, not the SMX preamp but the slightly revised GP12X preamp. (The only differences being the slightly revised front panel including EL panel and a revised compressor circuit).

I bought the amp 2nd hand from Andertons in 2000, it is a proper AH300 but the original EL panel broke and GM Audio only had panels for the combo left, so i took one of those to make it work :) The tube is a Sylvania which I put in there for more grit than the stock Sovtek (unless you or Rob changed it?).

Cracking amp, miss it muchly, and someone will get a bargain at that price :rolleyes:

I love the "More gain" on these older heads...I mean it tells you to turn up!
Then gives you the thumbs up when your there!...:)
Might get pissed off at you at practise volume me thinks....(More gain...more gain...MORE GAIN!!!)

[quote name='anty' post='506068' date='Jun 5 2009, 05:04 AM']what would courier be like?

wanting to upgrade from a peavey tnt 115[/quote]

just done a ups quote, it's coming to over £60 for standard delivery to london. no joke.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='506106' date='Jun 5 2009, 09:01 AM']PM'd.[/quote]
replied. :)

• 11 months later...

gonna bump this up again - have been keeping this at my parents house and I think it's time for it to go.

I'll take the Trace head out of the description and just sell the cab.

looking for £180 ONO, ideally picked up from swansea... might drive as far as cardiff for some petrol money but I'm not willing to post - I don't have the time to pack it.

cheers... may also consider trades for some guitar effects pedals (&cash) - a compressor, a nice reverb, maybe a POG or HOG, a volume pedal, whatever.

[quote name='sjohns' post='851899' date='May 30 2010, 04:20 PM']Good luck with the sale mate, if i could get shot of my 611 i would come down get this from you :)[/quote]

cheers mate!! good luck with your sale too, send me a pm if you sell your cab!

I'll price drop bump this to £170 - the RRP is around £500, Thomann selling for £415...

Edited by Tech

• 2 weeks later...

I do this with a heavy heart... but I have too much bass stuff for a guy that has resigned himself to wedding gigs and a small flat in london.

I'll throw in a Peavey Mark III bass head (79-early 80s) if you take the both for £210, collected from Swansea.

210 watts @ 4 ohms, 300 watts @ 2 ohms.

this thing is a TANK, the same amp that Steve Harris supposedly used on the first couple of Maiden albums. really nice gritty tone, and a CLASSIC bass combination. a tone so HUGE it warrants capital letters! this is a pic I ripped from the internet but mine is in identical condition.

(bearing in mind it's an old machine and has worked perfectly for me over the last 4 years but it might need servicing in the future)

• 2 weeks later...