Why become a member? ×

FS: 1982 YAMAHA BB2000 *Make an offer?* - *WITHDRAWN*
£1099
SE (KENT/M25)

57 minutes ago, Cairobill said:

The closest bass in the Yamaha line up for construction and feel would be the Nathan East I think. So 4K new (!)

That's an outrageous amount of money... 

Yours is much cooler anyway, Nick and a bargain at a quarter of the price too! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Sounds great, Nick!

Both the bass and your playing. 👍

That's a beautiful example of a classic BB, and to answer @Ashborygirl's question, I would say that you'd have to start around £2,500 and work upwards.

GLWTS 😊

There was talk at the time that the BB2024 at around £2,500 (10 years ago) was as good as these, but having owned both, the BB2000 is infinitely better 👍

• Like 4

On 30/04/2024 at 17:25, Beedster said:

There was talk at the time that the BB2024 at around £2,500 (10 years ago) was as good as these, but having owned both, the BB2000 is infinitely better 👍

It’s also interesting how the BB3000 is elevated above the BB2000. I’ve played/owned both now and the 2000 wins for tonal welly in my book. The neck is also a perfect size for me. Not as skinny as the 3000 but not P bass chunky by any means.  Very playable.

• Like 1

As a Bank Holiday bump is a special bump, here's a SLAP demo for this extremely fine bass to make that bump worthwhile...

It's no surprise that the BB2000 was a bit of slappers preference in the '80s. As a bit of an old slapper myself, it's one of the slappiest basses I've ever slapped...

And spookily, this thumb-forward track ('Forget Me Nots' by the awesome Patrice Rushen) was released in 1982...

.....the SAME YEAR THAT THIS BASS WAS MANFACTURED!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

• Cairobill changed the title to FS: 1982 YAMAHA BB2000 *WITH NEW SLAP-HAPPY DEMO VID*

I’ve a Yamaha pulser 400 from late 70’s, killer bass. The 2000 definitely has an aggressive tone which suits slapping and finger style funk 

great example. GLWTS 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pete.young said:

That's excellent playing, well done. 80s-tastic. Great sounding bass at a bargain price. I wish I could justify it but I am mostly playing upright these days.

Cheers all. It’s a lovely bass and v v playable. 

9 hours ago, Cairobill said:

As a Bank Holiday bump is a special bump, here's a SLAP demo for this extremely fine bass to make that bump worthwhile...

It's no surprise that the BB2000 was a bit of slappers preference in the '80s. As a bit of an old slapper myself, it's one of the slappiest basses I've ever slapped...

And spookily, this thumb-forward track ('Forget Me Nots' by the awesome Patrice Rushen) was released in 1982...

.....the SAME YEAR THAT THIS BASS WAS MANFACTURED!

Lovely playing Nick 👍

• Like 1

Some pro-level bass playing there Nick. Bass sounds great too. 

Why more people don't put videos on their For Sale ads I don't know. (Actually I do know.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misdee said:

Why more people don't put videos on their For Sale ads I don't know

Not all of us play as well as Nick...... 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I had one of these; excellent basses.  I traded it for my fretless Wal ..not even because I needed to, just because I had some silly two basses policy.  I got £180 for it and the shop had it in the window for £270 the next day!  Regretted it ever since.

Now have a silly 4 basses policy..... but very tempted.

Love the playing btw ...and Patrice.

Edited by NickA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NickA said:

I had one of these; excellent basses.  I traded it for my fretless Wal ..not even because I needed to, just because I had some silly two basses policy.  I got £180 for it and the shop had it in the window for £270 the next day!  Regretted it ever since.

Now have a silly 4 basses policy..... but very tempted.

Love the playing btw ...and Patrice.

Ta! Not up for trade obvs (apart for a fretless wal ;) )

On 04/05/2024 at 09:20, Cairobill said:

It’s also interesting how the BB3000 is elevated above the BB2000. I’ve played/owned both now and the 2000 wins for tonal welly in my book. The neck is also a perfect size for me. Not as skinny as the 3000 but not P bass chunky by any means.  Very playable.

Agreed 100% re the BB3000 comparison. The reverse P pup on these gives them the edge. The middle setting on the pickup selector produces a glorious slap sound! 

• Like 2

• Cairobill changed the title to FS: 1982 YAMAHA BB2000 PRICE DROP TO £950
  • Cairobill changed the title to WITHDRAWN: 1982 YAMAHA BB2000