Why become a member? ×

Fender P bass Roadworn - new bass

I just picked up this bass from the excellent Bass Bros and am really pleased with it.

It is just under 9lbs at 8lb 13oz which my back appreciates!

An interesting feature is the neck which is 39mm - I've been searching for a P bass with a jazz neck and this fits the bill. Initially I thought it might be a bit chunky front to back but after a weekend playing it I find it very comfortable. It is actually slimmer than other precisions I've tried.

Bass Bros are not sure if it came out of factory like this or if a luthier has done a job on it but either way it is ideal for me.

p bass.jpg

• Like 20

I reckon the neck may have been shaved down as the nut width on those should be 44mm, with a shallow depth to it. Great looking bass btw, never got round to owning a Road Worn Precision but did play a couple and loved them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Somerville said:

Could be miles'tone. It's an excellent job if that was what was done.

If that BCer is around please drop me a PM I'd like to know the history of this bass.

no pics unfortunately but it looks like it wasn't this one after all as it was slimmed to a B width...unless cameltoe knows any more.

Could well be that it's a more common mod than I thought!

Congrats on a very cool bass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miles'tone said:

no pics unfortunately but it looks like it wasn't this one after all as it was slimmed to a B width...unless cameltoe knows any more.

Could well be that it's a more common mod than I thought!

Congrats on a very cool bass.

Thanks for the detective work miles'tone it does look like several people have had the neck profile done on these RWs. For me it certainly makes it much more playable instrument than the typical P bass.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IanA said:

Lovely looking bass… you beat me to it!!

Sorry IanA I didn't know anyone else knew this one was coming into Bass Bros!

I'm also still from Leicester sort of - still down there for work a lot although I moved from Oadby to Ilkley (near Leeds) last year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian Somerville said:

Sorry IanA I didn't know anyone else knew this one was coming into Bass Bros!

I'm also still from Leicester sort of - still down there for work a lot although I moved from Oadby to Ilkley (near Leeds) last year. 

He had mentioned it to me but when I showed an interest he had already agreed for you to view it… totally my fault and no problem as I bought a different Precision from him on Saturday :).

I am in Stoneygate so pretty close to Oadby!

• Like 2

On 23/04/2024 at 06:12, IanA said:

He had mentioned it to me but when I showed an interest he had already agreed for you to view it… totally my fault and no problem as I bought a different Precision from him on Saturday :).

I am in Stoneygate so pretty close to Oadby!

And I’m from a couple of miles further down the A6 at Great Glen!

• Like 1