Why become a member? ×

EBS rig

big cat

Hi, all.

I've been using combo before.

Recently, i bought my EBS rig. I tried to connect it, but there is no sound.

Here is the back of my Amp:

[attachment=25369:P1010995.JPG]

And the back of the cab:

[attachment=25370:P1010998.JPG]

That's how i connect them:

[attachment=25371:P1010993.JPG]

Did i make any mistake???

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='489973' date='May 16 2009, 05:35 PM']might be worth posting a pic of the front of the amp as well...I'm sure you've checked the obvious but we've all been there regardless mate :)[/quote]

Yeah. Thanks for the advice.

Here it is, the blue light is on.

[attachment=25372:P1020004.JPG]

[attachment=25373:P1020003.JPG]

[quote name='ahpook' post='490002' date='May 16 2009, 06:05 PM']the gain control looks like it's set to zero (but i don't know the amp, so excuse me if that's wrong)[/quote]

Well, i tried.

It doesn't work.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

could be the problem of cab?????

[quote name='chubbyboybass' post='491737' date='May 18 2009, 07:05 PM']Go to the EBS website and download the manual. The problem could be anywhere in the signal chain. Can you set the input gain so the peak light flashes. If it does not flash turn the compressor up till that light flashes. If neither light flashes then the problem is with the input. If they do flash and you still get no noise the problem is with the output. Check the leads first.

The only other thing is there was a batch that had dodgy dip switches so try switching the effects loop to parallel.[/quote]

+1

Unlikely to be the cab unless you have run it at a mental volume - the speakers are wired in parallel for starters so to take both out would be a tad unlucky. I would also expect that the tweeter would be making some noise... even if it is not a very nice one.

Is there output happening from the head? Would be worth checking that the power stage of the amp isn't broken by plugging it into a cab that you know works. Do you 100% know that your amp head is working?

Is your cable faulty? Take the sockets off the end and check that all the wires are connected in place. Maybe check the connections with a meter to check the continuity.

Remember you can check the speakers by connecting a 9v battery if you haven't got a meter.

Could be an output stage fuse blown. Could be the lead. You need to try the head with a cab that you know works and the cab with an amp you know is OK so you can narrow down the possibilities of what's gone wrong.
You say you recently bought this setup - if it was new it's under warranty so have you contacted the shop you bought it from?

I had problems with my Fafner after playing around putting things in and out of effects send and return, like it thought there was still a send but no return and that resulted in no out put, I put a cable back in and out of each of these sockets and the problem was solved. Weird I know.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='big cat' post='489936' date='May 16 2009, 04:58 PM']Hi, all.

I've been using combo before.

Recently, i bought my EBS rig. I tried to connect it, but there is no sound.

Here is the back of my Amp:

[attachment=25369:P1010995.JPG]

And the back of the cab:

[attachment=25370:P1010998.JPG]

That's how i connect them:

[attachment=25371:P1010993.JPG]

Did i make any mistake???[/quote]
the 3rd red dip switch should be in a up position, thats how mine is anyway

Check fuses at the output stage.

You may..guessing... have a speaker output fuse and a main output fuse ..check both...??
The latter is unlikely to be the problem if you have the amp lights on...

You do need to have a signal chain you can trust to eliminate what does and doesn't work.

Does the cab tweeter have a fuse as well..??