Why become a member? ×

Covers

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='488444' date='May 15 2009, 06:55 AM']From the [url="http://barefacedbass.com/faq.html"]FAQ[/url]:

S.P.[/quote]

Yes but It would be cool to have it done with the logo etc. And there's no links that I can see so that's why I'm asking here :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alex,
I found this page on Roqsolid's site:
[url="http://www.roqsolid.co.uk/page.html?id=7&zenid=vi57o0ap3gnmatc1hodal14991"]Barefaced Compact cover link[/url]

Is this something you set up? If so is there a hole for the handle do you know?

Regards,
Jon.

Edited by jonthebass

I was just talking to them about Big One covers the other day, which they say they would happily do - they just need dimensions and handle location and the like.

I think the Compact being there just means someone's already ordered one and they've kept the dimensions.
Every order they do is a custom one, so I don't think they keep a stock of them.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just ordered a ROQsolid cover for my Compact, and requested that they confirm the location and dimensions of the handle slot before they start making it- I should get a email through by tomorrow I hope!

[quote name='jonthebass' post='551659' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:15 AM']Alex,
I found this page on Roqsolid's site:
[url="http://www.roqsolid.co.uk/page.html?id=7&zenid=vi57o0ap3gnmatc1hodal14991"]Barefaced Compact cover link[/url]

Is this something you set up? If so is there a hole for the handle do you know?[/quote]

That was done by another customer - it's probably spot on though! Apart from the first few cabs everything since has been to pretty tight tolerances, just a mm or two either way.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Etienne' post='583597' date='Aug 28 2009, 02:45 PM']I've just ordered a ROQsolid cover for my Compact, and requested that they confirm the location and dimensions of the handle slot before they start making it- I should get a email through by tomorrow I hope![/quote]
Any chance you can post a pic of it, assuming you got it of course

[quote name='alexclaber' post='583608' date='Aug 28 2009, 02:58 PM']That was done by another customer - it's probably spot on though! Apart from the first few cabs everything since has been to pretty tight tolerances, just a mm or two either way.[/quote]
It might be an idea if we could get a set of the standard measurements for each cab up on here. At least then people could see if they have a freak cab. :rolleyes: Merton and I have compared measurements on our Vintages and discovered that my side handles are 1.5 cm higher than his -- who's got the freak? If it's Merton (whose measurements Roqsolid have used), then anyone who orders from them without checking the measurements might be in for a surprise when the holes for the side handles are half an inch out!

Of course, if it's me, I'm used to being a freak. :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='593683' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:54 AM']It might be an idea if we could get a set of the standard measurements for each cab up on here. At least then people could see if they have a freak cab. :lol: Merton and I have compared measurements on our Vintages and discovered that my side handles are 1.5 cm higher than his -- who's got the freak? If it's Merton (whose measurements Roqsolid have used), then anyone who orders from them without checking the measurements might be in for a surprise when the holes for the side handles are half an inch out!

Of course, if it's me, I'm used to being a freak. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Be interesting to find out.... Still hoping the cover will arrive today or tomorrow but I think it's unlikely. I hope all my measurements were right (I did treble check after Owain's message....). :)

[attachment=32517:DSC00338.JPG][attachment=32516:DSC00339.JPG][attachment=32515:DSC00341.JPG]

Here you go! It arrived on Monday this week, and is getting its first outing tonight. I chose the plain black seams, but other colours are available if you fancy something brighter! It seems very well made- not as plush as my old Bergantino covers were, but probably more roadworthy in my opinion. The Berg covers were almost [i]too[/i] nice- I felt like they needed covers too! :)
Both the outer cover and lining feel tough and durable, and the stitching is spot on. My only (very minor) niggle is that the handle hole is slightly offset by a few mm to the right, but as it doesn't affect the use of the handle, I'm not going to worry about it!

[quote name='thestick' post='595054' date='Sep 10 2009, 07:40 PM']I ordered my vintage cover on 25th aug, still do not have it!!
they said it must have got lost in post, so they say they will send another,which was three days ago so still waiting.
hope it comes soon, they seem very helpful, but....[/quote]
Mine dispatched yesterday, so with a bit of luck it'll be at home when I get back later on....

EDIT: did you double check your handle positions? If they match mine you're ok but if they match Owain's then you may have a slight ismatch on your hands...

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Etienne' post='593925' date='Sep 9 2009, 03:09 PM'][attachment=32517:DSC00338.JPG][attachment=32516:DSC00339.JPG][attachment=32515:DSC00341.JPG]

Here you go! It arrived on Monday this week, and is getting its first outing tonight. I chose the plain black seams, but other colours are available if you fancy something brighter! It seems very well made- not as plush as my old Bergantino covers were, but probably more roadworthy in my opinion. The Berg covers were almost [i]too[/i] nice- I felt like they needed covers too! :)
Both the outer cover and lining feel tough and durable, and the stitching is spot on. My only (very minor) niggle is that the handle hole is slightly offset by a few mm to the right, but as it doesn't affect the use of the handle, I'm not going to worry about it![/quote]

Looks good - thanks for the pics