Why become a member? ×

What are the options to attach pedals to a pedalboard?

- nothing (this is one very delicate solution)

- double sided tape

- velcro / 3M Dual Lock

- cable ties

- bike chain links (attached to the fx case)

- fx case screws through the board from behind

• Like 1

I have tried Aclam smart boards.   Good idea but does use space on the board with clamps.   Dual Lock tape works best for me.   I read recently that Hot Glue Guns can be ideal, easy to apply easy to remove.   I'm not convinced but hey ho it may be the way forward

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tauzero said:

I'm curious about 3M Dual Lock [TM] - is it reasonably easy to separate after sticking it together?

I suppose it depends really. If you only use a little, which is all that's necessary, a good tug will separate it. If you use it like Velcro, you're going to need a pry bar.

• Like 3

On 02/03/2024 at 20:51, PaulThePlug said:

Velcro...

Oh... anyone know the size of a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah rubber foot screw?

When ya take the rubber foot of for using velcro, the screw is too long.

I'll have to double check when i get home but i think they are the same thread as computer case screws, I removed the feet from our guitarist's cry baby and i'm fairly sure that's what i used in their place as i have quite a stash of them. I don't have the pedal but i do have the original feet and screws safely stored away.

Matt

EDIT - for the OP I use the Velcro heavy duty (the proper branded stuff) I buy it in big packs from screwfix.

Edited by Matt P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Matt P said:

i think they are the same thread as computer case screws, I removed the feet from our guitarist's cry baby and i'm fairly sure that's what i used in their place as i have quite a stash of them.

Yep #6 32 UNC... 3.5" Hard Drive Screws are short and CSK.

Base plates are thin but a little twist with a csk bit gets the screws flush enough to get em under the velcro height.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Yep #6 32 UNC... 3.5" Hard Drive Screws are short and CSK.

Base plates are thin but a little twist with a csk bit gets the screws flush enough to get em under the velcro height.

I used some of these I think, very thin flat head, no idea where they came from but they are definitely computer ones. 

IMG_20240308_164525660_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3M dual lock is amazing stuff, I have all my pedals attached with it and it’s fantastic. I have only used small strips and that is a good balance of holding tight and being able to get it off without struggling.

As mentioned above, if you use it like normal Velcro you will struggle to pull it off.

• Like 1