Why become a member? ×

Kay K-162 reissue - the Howlin Wolf bass - *SOLD*
£675
LONDON

Clarky

Kay reissue of the short scale (31.25") model famously played by Howlin' Wolf bass player, Andrew “Blueblood” McMahon. Excellent condition. Very light and thumpy and with cool white art deco (?) case. In exact same condition as when I bought it from @kristo nearly a year ago as the Americana band/project it was bought for never came to fruition (common BC story ....). Prefer handover in SW London as don't currently have a box. However, willing to post at cost if given time to source something protective enough.

Bit cheeky (hope he doesn't mind) but the picture is one of Kristo's (as alluded to, its not left my house or been used since I acquired it so is in exact same condition) and I attach his FS link with other pics.

95BC2D50-B4F3-4F81-B114-3156314E353C.jpeg.1f1f7470afa732830b47326ceccbc988.jpeg

kvrcatalogmodern.pdf

Screenshot_20240201_104940_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 14

Just picked up one of these in black and it's a great sounding bass. All the vintage 50s and 60s tones you could need as well as the deep, thumpy secret weapon in the toggle switch! I'm also told it's a marked improvement on the original 50s model as it actually has a truss rod as well as a centre block inside, so it's very giggable (not a word)

• Thanks 1

• Clarky changed the title to Kay K-162 reissue - the Howlin Wolf bass *NOW £600

Maude logic: The change in National Insurance contributions means I'm about £50/month better off.

Therefore the increase in my salary means that this bass is actually free. 

Isn't it? 

• Haha 1

• Clarky changed the title to SOLD Kay K-162 reissue - the Howlin Wolf bass