Why become a member? ×

The Unnecessary Triple...

binky_bass

OoffEE52890F-76D1-4345-B051-D807FC8509C3.thumb.jpeg.59ac67963ba2c3b2b53ae68269c4cfba.jpeg

Nice, here is my own 'triple'.  I am now down to one cabinet and it is impractically heavy and loud, so I need to get at least one 2x12 or 4x10 (preferably 4 ohm) to add to my collection.

Most of my gigging is with the Mesa Walkabout combo which is nearly out of shot. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

One of the nicest heads ive ever played through the Mesa BB750!

I really love it. 

It actually has a bit less EQ flexibility compared to the other Mesa heads I have tried/owned, being the M6 Carbine and the Walkabout. However, as a mid-heavy, slightly dirty rock tone the Big Block is great. The overdrive channel is great too, I just crank the gain and it becomes one of the best fuzz tones I have ever tried. Its definitely a 'will never sell' head.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, basshead56 said:

Who doesn't love a tidy threesome...

20230924_171053.jpg

Hubba hubba, Marshall making Ampeg look positively tiny there. Am very envious, having heard a couple of bands use the full VBA stacks they are immense, VBC412 my fave ever cab.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Hubba hubba, Marshall making Ampeg look positively tiny there. Am very envious, having heard a couple of bands use the full VBA stacks they are immense, VBC412 my fave ever cab.

It is an absolute monster.

And that is reflected in the weight! Weapons-grade touring rig but definitely need roadies to move the thing! I have got flight cases for the whole rig aswell and it takes up half the garage! haha.

But it is an Ampeg-killer too. Seriously grunty and ridiculous headroom.

I adore the 4x12s too

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ahpook said:

I had the pleasure of playing through a Marshall VBA stack a few times at a rehearsal studio. Amazing amps.

I simply didn't know my bass could sound that flippin' good.

I played a gig with one and the matching 4x12. It was at all instrumental post-rock gig in a basement venue. It had absolutely unreal levels of headroom. I was very impressed.

• Like 2